Misc > The Game Board

Max Payne [2001] Third Person Shooter

<< < (2/3) > >>

Nighteyes:
The beauty of Bloodlines is that the clans aren't classes...
They don't just give you different abilities to solve the same problems.
They actually give you different playstyles (or at least most of them do)

Gangrel, Toreador and Brujah are all combat classes with different approaches to combat, but that's still their main focus.

Malkavian are quite literally crazy, not a single line of written dialog is the same. You will have to possibility of getting into a heated argument with a road sign as well as have TV announcers talk specifically to you.

Ventrue are the power brokers and you are allowed to use their signature disciplin Dominate in dialog where you supress your victims will and replace it with your own and you are able to avoid several combat encounters this way not to mention you will have access to very different choices through the dialog trees.

Nosferatu is a pure stealth class. If you are EVER seen by a human you are SEVERELY punished. It's a completely different game where you spend a lot of your time crawling through sewers to gain access to places from an alternative enterance.

Tremere are blood sorcerers and you get an entire quest line specific to them not to mention you never need worry about firearms or melee as you can just suck the blood out of people to replentish your reserves.

If you do return to Deus Ex look up the fan patch, I don't remember the name, but there is one that improves grafics and changes some of the gameplay. I haven't tried it, but I've heard good things.

Daithi:
Never realised the different clans lead to such a different gameplay experience. I'm sold! Playing Malkavian sounds like fun. Always wanted to have an argument with a street sign! Will pick it up on Steam when the sale hits. Could you recommend any mods for visual updates which play nice with the unofficial patch?

Nighteyes:
Check it out on GOG instead, GOG Galaxy is far more stabile with older titles.
But for Bloodlines either platform will work equally...

I'll have to set time aside to look it up ^^
Quite a few mods out there and not all of them play well together ^^
I'll have it done before christmas <3

And yes, Malkavians are fun ^^
However I'd recommend you try one of the others first, since some questlines can be very challenging with the insane version of conversations ^^
But hey, if you want a challenge with loads of fun moments, go for it ^^

Daithi:
Yeah heard that about Malkavian. I'd probably remember the broad strokes of the quests, but might give one of the other clans a go first, as you suggested.

sneak-peak:
I agree on the Deus Ex as well - iw was great - is there a gameplay today that would be so freakin political and yet in some way mysterious at the same time, complex and playable?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version