Timeslip Softworks > Introduce yourself

The Introduce Yourself Thread

<< < (3/7) > >>

Nomad:
Hello there.
I'm a long-time gamer (since the Commodore 64 days) and long-time pen-and-paper role-player.

I've been creating my own role-playing game worlds (one Cyberpunk and one Fantasy) since Dungeons and Dragons was deemed satanic at my boarding school in the early '80s (no, I'm not joking).
Now I'm writing a fantasy novel set in my fantasy world, but I still find lots of time for gaming.  =)

Nice to be on board.

Nighteyes:
not at all...
Asking is the only way to learn...

It was rough the first year or so...
And I've gotten very fat since then
But once I got out of the old rut, I could settle into a new one...
That was one of the reasons for me making such a big change...
Already had 2 tours of Afghanistan behind me and was fairly certain I wasn't coming back home from a third...

as for what I studied, subjects are a female dog to translate between languages, but it's a branch of finances.
Pretty broad one too...
It qualifies me to become a trainee as Bank advisor, Accountant, Real Estate Salesman, Insurance Salesman, or Property Administrator as well as any similar jobs handeling finances.
Did my Final Project on Start-up businesses.
Of course most of this qualifies me to do absolutely nothing outside of Denmark ^^
But still, once the basic understand is there it's just a matter of learning the legal presedents and regulations :)

Daithi:

--- Quote from: Nomad on November 09, 2016, 01:55:33 PM ---Hello there.
I'm a long-time gamer (since the Commodore 64 days) and long-time pen-and-paper role-player.

I've been creating my own role-playing game worlds (one Cyberpunk and one Fantasy) since Dungeons and Dragons was deemed satanic at my boarding school in the early '80s (no, I'm not joking).
Now I'm writing a fantasy novel set in my fantasy world, but I still find lots of time for gaming.  =)

Nice to be on board.

--- End quote ---

Hey Nomad - good to get to know you. I heard a reference to dungeons and dragons being linked to satanism over the last few days - it's really strange if you think about it, but I guess many media, especially music has been connected. Any idea why this is the case? (I must do some reading on this!)

How's the novel coming along? I spent a few years writing but never really got much further than a dozen or so short stories. Found it really hard to write something bigger.

Daithi:

--- Quote from: Nighteyes on November 09, 2016, 01:56:21 PM ---not at all...
Asking is the only way to learn...

It was rough the first year or so...
And I've gotten very fat since then
But once I got out of the old rut, I could settle into a new one...
That was one of the reasons for me making such a big change...
Already had 2 tours of Afghanistan behind me and was fairly certain I wasn't coming back home from a third...

as for what I studied, subjects are a female dog to translate between languages, but it's a branch of finances.
Pretty broad one too...
It qualifies me to become a trainee as Bank advisor, Accountant, Real Estate Salesman, Insurance Salesman, or Property Administrator as well as any similar jobs handeling finances.
Did my Final Project on Start-up businesses.
Of course most of this qualifies me to do absolutely nothing outside of Denmark ^^
But still, once the basic understand is there it's just a matter of learning the legal presedents and regulations :)

--- End quote ---

Sounds like a difficult transition. I'm glad to hear you got out of the army in time. Sorry to hear that your education isn't very transferable overseas.

I went to college twice - first time I studied English and Philosophy, and then Computing. I couldn't get a job with the first degree (philosophy would be okay for making a living if you lived in Athens a few hundred years BCE :)

Nighteyes:
you were just born too late to be who you wanted to be ^^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version