Author Topic: Questions on Game Development  (Read 11420 times)

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Questions on Game Development
« on: November 14, 2016, 04:28:54 PM »
Hi all,

If anyone has any questions about game development, or how to get involved, please feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer!

stryk

• strykfritt.se
Re: Questions on Game Development
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 09:45:56 AM »
I am a bit curious about your idea. Tell more if you can.

Peterplus

• Job plus vacancies
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 08:10:25 AM »
I've been learning js for one year, usually with some frameworks, but I am not sure if it's enough for game development. What languages do you usually use?

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 12:36:36 PM »
I use C# with Unity. I guess you can make games with most languages, but some languages/engines might be better for certain types of games.

Don't know if this is any good to you, but I made some tutorials a while back, this one shows how to make Pong in Unity - it may be too simple to be helpful to you though:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqeRxyfTj2s&list=PL3F4ZY8KMRwwTUyPUEG5KwdPeePvLSZQ9

alcofermbrew

• Yeasts for home brewing of cider, moonshine, turbo
    • turbo yeast cider
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 11:32:27 AM »
When you've picked a language, let's say Java, how to proceed on to find a program or a framework or however it's called, that's best for making games?

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 01:13:43 PM »
It's going to take a certain amount of experimentation, as in downloading an engine, likely spending a few months doing tutorials to get your head around how the engine works, and trying to figure out how well it will allow you to do what you want. I don't keep up with all the engines/frameworks, but Java isn't very commonly used.

That's not to say you can't make a game with Java, but it may not be the easiest route. One merit of Java is that it's incredibly similar to C#, which is used in Unity, Godot, and a few other engines.