Author Topic: Positive feedback  (Read 6639 times)

Chabbrik

Positive feedback
« on: November 27, 2016, 08:53:49 AM »
Hey guys,

Too often we focus too much on what is broken or does not work. So I would like to break this trend and share things I like about Vigilantes. Here comes my lists, feel free to extend it.

So I like:

1. Honest skill system - skills improve by using them
2. Honest loot system - you pick up everything your opponents used, no magic disappearing of their equipment
3. Engaging scenarios - it is really fun to replay them, even if you already beat them
4. Character introductions with voice overs, adds greater depth to them and their motivations
5. Both melee and ranged modes are useful and complement each other
6. Crafting system looks really promising
7. Sound track really adds to the mood

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Positive feedback
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 02:36:27 PM »
Thank you Chabbrik! It's good to know what you feel works well also!

Nighteyes

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 04:47:22 PM »
Great Idea Chabbrik

I'll second every single one of your points and further more
- The Dev is polite, interacts with the fans and makes me want to help this get even better...
- The Setting is different enough to make it interesting, I especially like the 3 factions and how different they seem
- My lust for the overworld map is starting to match the one for my girlfriend :P

Chabbrik

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 07:14:16 PM »
- My lust for the overworld map is starting to match the one for my girlfriend :P

Let's hope she does not read this board then. :)

Chabbrik

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 07:15:25 PM »
On the topic of the team, where is the rest of the team?

On Kickstarter, I think I saw at least 3-4 people, yet I have not heard anything from them. Are they just hired resources to do their part of the work?

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 11:07:32 AM »
Great Idea Chabbrik

I'll second every single one of your points and further more
- The Dev is polite, interacts with the fans and makes me want to help this get even better...
- The Setting is different enough to make it interesting, I especially like the 3 factions and how different they seem

Thanks Nighteyes. Ah woah, steady there : ) The overworld will be quite basic at first, so I hope you aren't disappointed!

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 11:17:18 AM »
On the topic of the team, where is the rest of the team?

On Kickstarter, I think I saw at least 3-4 people, yet I have not heard anything from them. Are they just hired resources to do their part of the work?

I think Olga is signed up on here. We've been working together for quite a long time. During the Kickstarter, she handled Russian correspondence, whereas I took care of English correspondence. The voice actors all work on a freelance basis. I've spent the most time on Vigilantes, and work on design, coding, testing, writing, PR, etc.

Nighteyes

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 11:00:27 PM »
Let's hope she does not read this board then. :)
She's unfortunately not a gamer, so she won't...

Thanks Nighteyes. Ah woah, steady there : ) The overworld will be quite basic at first, so I hope you aren't disappointed!
Oh I know, but it will add a element to the game which I've been very interesed to see implemented ever since I started playing the demo :)