Author Topic: [Resolved] Observations  (Read 6375 times)

Nomad

[Resolved] Observations
« on: December 14, 2016, 05:12:19 PM »
It's in Alpha. I expect it to all change, but just listing things to ensure they're on your radar.

Started up and got the difficulty select options. Without selecting an option, I clicked Accept... I have no idea what difficulty I'm now playing. Perhaps have a default difficulty highlighted/pre-selected.

The tutorial hints that come up don't currently include the new options. It doesn't mention the new sleeping and team manage buttons. Also calls the Project button 'Crafting'. I expect that all this will get adjusted once all the main screens are finalised.

City Map screen. Help page 6/15.
Says left click on the surveillance op button on the bottom left of the screen. On my screen the button was on the bottom right.
City Map screen. Help page 11/15.
As above. Says bottom left when it was bottom right on my game.

In my first mission after the one where you get the 15 page tutorial text and rescue Doc. I got the chance to reposition and then when combat started, it gave me the same 15 page tutorial text as the Doc mission. So, it was telling me things were about to get ugly and to click through the conversation options (of which there were none this time).

A way of comparing weapons would be nice. Even if it's just to your equipped weapon.

Would it be possible to get some additional feedback from the Resting action?
I clicked the button and thought that nothing had happened. I went and checked my max health and I had recovered, so I discovered it had worked. Even if it's just a "Rested for X hours" flash up or counting up the hours quickly or change the colour of the button when clicked (I've noticed it slightly flashes, but I only noticed because I specifically went back and rested a few more times to check it).

I did some more Surveillance in the block where I found Emilia Desoto and got the same mission where you meet her (with full intro dialog with her and her wounded partner).
After the mission, I had two Emilia Desoto characters in my "Manage your Team" screen. One was at full health (my first one) and the second was wounded (from the second mission where she got hit a few times).
The "Character" and "Inventory" screens got confused by the two Emilia's. Initially they showed they same thing twice, but after cycling through the characters, they updated with only the newest version (the injured one).
Oh... then it broke completely...
Now my "Character" and "Inventory" screens are ONLY showing Sam and Emilia. Ray and Elena have disappeared from those screens. They are in the "Manage your Team" screen. I've even used the "Add to Team" button on them both, but having two Emilia's broke it.

Ok... it's 3:30am... so I should go to bed. This is what I've got so far. On a side note:
I really like the loot mechanic after a fight. Using the Bypass skill.
I love random loot. Knowing you could MAYBE get something awesome. That's assuming there is a chance you could get some cool loot and not just the same two hand guns and Machete. I'm only level 3... so if it's scaled down, I guess that's why I'm just getting basic handguns and the machete.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:19:53 AM by Daithi »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Observations
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 06:39:43 PM »
Hey Nomad. Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'm going to add all this into my spreadsheet now. I've commented on a couple of the points.

Started up and got the difficulty select options. Without selecting an option, I clicked Accept... I have no idea what difficulty I'm now playing. Perhaps have a default difficulty highlighted/pre-selected.

Yeah, I'll do something with this for next update. I hope to spend a good bit of time polishing and adding animations to the UI.

A way of comparing weapons would be nice. Even if it's just to your equipped weapon.

Yeah I can see the sense to this. It probably won't happen short term, but will add to the nice to have list.

Would it be possible to get some additional feedback from the Resting action?
I clicked the button and thought that nothing had happened. I went and checked my max health and I had recovered, so I discovered it had worked. Even if it's just a "Rested for X hours" flash up or counting up the hours quickly or change the colour of the button when clicked (I've noticed it slightly flashes, but I only noticed because I specifically went back and rested a few more times to check it).
Yeah, there needs to be something here. I'll add in a UI beep for now, and come up with something more polished when more of the content is in place.

I did some more Surveillance in the block where I found Emilia Desoto and got the same mission where you meet her (with full intro dialog with her and her wounded partner).
After the mission, I had two Emilia Desoto characters in my "Manage your Team" screen. One was at full health (my first one) and the second was wounded (from the second mission where she got hit a few times).
The "Character" and "Inventory" screens got confused by the two Emilia's. Initially they showed they same thing twice, but after cycling through the characters, they updated with only the newest version (the injured one).
Oh... then it broke completely...
Now my "Character" and "Inventory" screens are ONLY showing Sam and Emilia. Ray and Elena have disappeared from those screens. They are in the "Manage your Team" screen. I've even used the "Add to Team" button on them both, but having two Emilia's broke it.

Ah, I thought I'd fixed this. Thanks for letting me know. This will definitely be fixed in next version.

Ok... it's 3:30am... so I should go to bed. This is what I've got so far. On a side note:
I really like the loot mechanic after a fight. Using the Bypass skill.
I love random loot. Knowing you could MAYBE get something awesome. That's assuming there is a chance you could get some cool loot and not just the same two hand guns and Machete. I'm only level 3... so if it's scaled down, I guess that's why I'm just getting basic handguns and the machete.
The loot generation is simple at the moment, need to spend some time improving the code to give more randomisation. Thanks again for the feedback, very useful.

Nomad

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 03:15:32 AM »
A UI beep for clicking the Resting button would definitely do the trick.

With the loot generation... I was thinking about it last night (early this morning).
I figured that the reason I was looting basic handguns and machetes was because that's what the opposition were using (I've really only checked Threat Level 1 areas).
Why would they be using a basic handgun if they had an UZI in the boot?
Unless the loot generation is random stashes in the district that we've gone and uncovered after we cleared out the baddies.
If that's the case, then my personal preference is for it to have a rare chance to drop better gear. What can I say, I love collecting stuff.  =D
Sounds like you're already onto it either way.

Nomad

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 04:53:07 AM »
Umm... is there already a button beep on the Rest action?
Maybe I didn't have my headphones on before. Sorry.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 04:17:08 PM »
A UI beep for clicking the Resting button would definitely do the trick.

With the loot generation... I was thinking about it last night (early this morning).
I figured that the reason I was looting basic handguns and machetes was because that's what the opposition were using (I've really only checked Threat Level 1 areas).
Why would they be using a basic handgun if they had an UZI in the boot?
Unless the loot generation is random stashes in the district that we've gone and uncovered after we cleared out the baddies.
If that's the case, then my personal preference is for it to have a rare chance to drop better gear. What can I say, I love collecting stuff.  =D
Sounds like you're already onto it either way.

You're right on that - the enemies drop what they are carrying. The system is provisional, but each gang has an equipment level, which determines the max level of the equipment they get going into battle. More advanced gang members get modifiers to this and equipment level can be increased. There is a chance that an item will fall somewhere you can't see it with a quick glance, but you can find it again with the surveillance check at the end of the level. So part of the loot can be items dropped by the enemy, but not found in a quick search by the player.

The rest of the loot is randomised, as you guessed. I think post mission looting was introduced in V9, and it hasn't be changed since. It will get some attention sometime over next few updates. For now, it just picks a type (ranged, cash, bullets etc) and modifies the item/amount based on the difficulty level of the container and player level. I think what you find is a bit underwhelming at the minute - but I like the idea of just maybe, finding something better than what you currently have!

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 04:19:09 PM »
Umm... is there already a button beep on the Rest action?
Maybe I didn't have my headphones on before. Sorry.

Just checked it - it's there. May not have been there in V11, so that's something to look forward to :)

Nomad

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 07:37:48 AM »
Yeah, I think the beep is already there.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 12:26:12 AM »
Ah okay. Going to have to work hard to add something as notable to the next update  :)