Author Topic: [Resolved] Suggestion - Centre on character  (Read 5915 times)

Nomad

[Resolved] Suggestion - Centre on character
« on: December 15, 2016, 05:51:40 AM »
Can we have some way of centring the camera on a character?
Eg: double-click a portrait.

Would be useful if we could double-click the portraits along the top so we could jump to whichever characters or enemies are coming up soon so we can prioritise who we shoot at or move towards.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 08:13:06 PM by Daithi »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Suggestion - Centre on character
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 12:32:26 PM »
It's something I could look at. The snag with using the combat queue portraits is that it doesn't show all the combatants - but if you just want it to see the next few characters, that would work.

Nomad

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 07:18:11 AM »
Yeah, that would work.
I can think of two times it would come in handy.
1. when the camera is off elsewhere and it's your turn. You don't have to go looking for your character, you can just jump straight to it.
2. when deciding which of the baddies to attack because they are up next before another of your characters.

Both of the cases above would only require the current list of portraits along the top.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 12:28:29 AM »
Yeah, had a think about it. It's a nice usability touch and it shouldn't take long. Will try to add it in this update. Will look at adding an indication of the character which the mouse is on too.

Nomad

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 01:35:23 PM »
Will look at adding an indication of the character which the mouse is on too.

Yes! Brilliant. Great UI feedback.

Chabbrik

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 11:39:00 AM »
One more suggestion, coming after playing King's bounty.

They have a neat feature, with numbers close to the figure showing the initiative order. So you can easily grasp who is going after whom.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 07:15:58 PM »
Yeah, a lot of games don't make it clear enough who will act next. Cheers for suggestion. So 1 for next to act?

Nomad

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 03:46:29 AM »
If initiative is numerical, then it could just be whatever number the computer has determined.
Whether it's worked out each 'round' or if it's a static number determined at the start of combat.
Lowest or highest order, I think people will work it out when they see 14, 12, 11, 10, 10, 9, 8, 14, 12, 11,... (or counting up)
It's clear that 14 is the highest and the numbers wrap around when it hits 8 and goes back to 14. Assuming initiative is determined once at the start of combat, the 14, 12 and 11 will also have the same portrait.

Even if initiative is a number that counts down to when it's your turn. You could just have the number that the computer currently has assigned on the portraits.
eg: 0, 1, 2, 4, 7, 9

Knowing this information.... I would then request an option to add 1 (or whatever set number) to my current character's initiative. This way I could let 1 or 2 people ahead of me in the initiative queue (depending on the numbers and what we're allowed to add).
This would be really helpful when a character is blocking me. I could let them go first to move out and into cover, then move the blocked character. Currently the blocked character has to lost an entire turn.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 03:50:53 AM by Nomad »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 08:12:45 PM »
Have added a marker to show the relevant character when mousing over their portrait, and clicking on the portrait zooms to the character. I'll look at adding position in queue information later down the line.