Author Topic: Small suggestion: Show attack results even when behind walls  (Read 4608 times)

Cantello

Small suggestion: Show attack results even when behind walls
« on: January 11, 2017, 10:30:39 AM »
I just downloaded and played V12 for some missions and one thing that bugged me a little (apart from other things alreadymentioned here) is that when the attacker and/or defender are behind walls their silhouettes are shown and you can see everything they do bit the floating numbers ("Evaded" etc.) do not show.
Please make this somehow clearer.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Small suggestion: Show attack results even when behind walls
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 09:16:53 PM »
Hi Cantello. Welcome to the forum and thanks for the suggestion. I'll see what I can do with this. One way to solve this problem is to add an additional camera and place this on top of the existing one - the problem with this is that it increases the performance cost. There are some other possibilities, which I will investigate, and if none of them work, I'll likely add an option to activate a second camera for this purpose. Another alternative is to include a combat log, it's not quite as immediate, but it does convey the information. What do you think?

Nomad

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 01:06:29 PM »
I like the idea of the combat log regardless.
Sometimes I see icons float up and I don't really catch them... or know what they mean...

Cantello

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 01:43:23 PM »
Me too, I like the idea of a combat log if other options are too resource-intensive.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 10:52:59 AM »
I'll see what I can do with it. If things go well, I might get to look at it in this update.