Author Topic: [Resolved] Can't end turn  (Read 5021 times)

Nomad

[Resolved] Can't end turn
« on: February 04, 2017, 12:38:51 AM »
Edit/Update:
Ok. I started a whole new game. When I got the mission to recruit Emilia, I can't End Turn with her (unless the last AP is spent through movement and the game auto-ends the turn).
Note that in the testing below, Elena was suffering from the same problem, but I didn't test her in the new game.

Original message and all the updates below.

Version 13
REALLY SORRY, but I tried a whole bunch of new things at once and appear to have broken my game.

I loaded my V12 game.
I bought Blammo and crafted ammo for my two assault rifles and my two upgraded Patriot handguns.
I loaded all the guns with the new ammo (old ammo went back into inventory of the character correctly).
I picked a Level 1 Survivalist map (turned out to be a partial construction site. Prefab concrete walls standing here and there plus a few columns. Forklift at the back, two portaloos on my right. A burning barrel near the middle and another in the right corner near where we started.

I used tactical repositioning ( I don't think that has any relevance here).

I killed a dude with a dual burst from the assault rifle. Then moved one square. Then remembered I was going to try Kill mode, so I switched from Incapacitate to Kill.
Each character moved and shot (or shot and moved) and THEN I remembered to switch modes.
I got to my last character (Emilia DeSoto).
I moved. Took a shot at a distant character with a 30% chance. Fluked the hit and knocked off half their health. Then I remembered to switch to Kill mode.
Emilia has 1 AP left. I hit space bar (what I have as my End Turn button). Nothing happened. I clicked the End Turn button. Nothing.
The injured soldier is next in the initiative order.
I can switch into and out of Emilia's inventory and character sheet.

Update:
I moved to use up the last of Emilia's AP and then all the initiative portraits disappeared and the enemy had their turn.

Update:
Oh... my first character of the next turn had the same problem. I shot but had an AP left and couldn't end my turn. I had to move to use up the last AP before that character's turn ended.

Update:
The Melee hat-wearing dude shot at a guy (and missed) and had 3 AP left over. I was able to end his turn.

Sam shot (didn't hit anyone) and had 2 AP left. Was able to end his turn.

Dammit.... back on Emilia. She shot and has 2 AP left. Can't end turn.

Elena has 1 AP left and I can't end the turn. She has the Raskol 148 gun (with the upgraded ammo), Emilia has the upgraded Patriot.
So, clearly the common factor is that they are both female. That's totally it. The females don't want to end their turns.

I've switched back to Incapacitate mode and the problem persists.

Update:
Elena used all her AP firing. Now I can't end the turn. And, I can't move to use up any AP.

Update:
Reloaded. Didn't craft the ammo. Same city tile. Different map.
Used Tactical Repositioning.
Changed each character to Kill mode AFTER they shot. Emilia won't let me end turn with 1 AP left.
Elena couldn't end turn on the second round.

Update:
Used Tactical Repositioning.
Moved Elena (first character). Shot. Had 1 AP left. Did NOT change to Kill mode.
Elena can't end turn this time (usually she's been working fine for the first round).
Moved Elena 1 tile and her turn ended automatically.
Moved the two men and ended their turns without shooting (they still have plenty of AP remaining).
Moved Emilia 1 tile and didn't shoot. Can't end turn.

Update:
Did NOT use Tactical Repositioning.
Elena and Emilia can't end her turn unless I move to use up her AP.

NOTE: I have to go now. But, when I get back, I'll start a whole new game and recruit them again and check if a clean game has any issues.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:28:02 AM by Daithi »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Can't end turn
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 09:52:06 AM »
Thanks for letting me know. Will try to recreate now.

Nomad

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 09:57:42 AM »
Let me know if it's just me.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 10:07:02 AM »
It's a problem, but it's an easy fix. I forgot to reference one object on Elena And Emilia. I tested Ray Case to make sure allies were working ok, but he's set up properly. I'll have it updated in a few hours, thanks a lot for finding this!

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 10:11:39 AM »
One line of code...  characterMainScript = parentGameObject.transform.parent.GetComponent<CharacterMainScript>();

Nomad

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 10:39:40 AM »
Awesome.
Glad to be of help.