Author Topic: Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines [2004]  (Read 18979 times)

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines [2004]
« on: February 24, 2017, 05:11:51 PM »
VTMB is an action stealth vampire RPG, set in modernish dark fantasy LA. Some of the key components: combat and stealth are pretty bare bones and unremarkable, which can make some of the later, longer combat levels pretty tedious. However, the presence of interesting mechanics, quality story, dialogue and voice over, and multiple vampire clans with different, often game changing, powers makes this a fairly engrossing 30+ hour experience, which I very much enjoyed. While VTMB has a similar game loop and mechanics to Deus Ex, the vampire theme pushes it into its own niche.

You'll probably want to install the community patch, as VTMB had a troubled development and buggy release. This will allow for a fairly smooth experience and a number of visual mods can make it nicer to look at. I played as a Torredor this time, a shooty social clan of vampires. I think this makes the early game more difficult, as you basically have a pea shooter for the first few hours, and some enemies (blood guardian, I'm looking at you) can be an absolute pain to kill this way.

codete

• software house, software development teams etc
    • https://codete.com
Re: Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines [2004]
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 02:31:04 PM »
I do admit, the community patch really helps a lot. That's too bad the initial release was so buggy, however I think this is the type of game that I can forgive a lot just for the gameplay.

alcofermbrew

• Yeasts for home brewing of cider, moonshine, turbo
    • turbo yeast cider
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 11:37:21 AM »
Pff, I played V:TM as role playing game on paper and stuff, circa 1983. That were the times...

ushas

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 10:31:20 PM »
To which clan did you pledge your allegiances?

Heavy Artillery

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 08:11:59 PM »
Great suggestion.  I recently replayed/refinished this game as a Tremere.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 12:44:25 PM »
The tremere is the "mage" class? I've been meaning to do another playthrough. Played the gun/social vampires last time and finished as Bruha before. Might go for the crazy vamps this time.