Author Topic: Picking up a new team member drops the other members  (Read 3991 times)

Nomad

Picking up a new team member drops the other members
« on: March 08, 2017, 01:10:34 AM »
I have two other people join me on missions.
I find another person and though I have a team of three, it drops it down to my main and the new person just found to do their intro mission.
Then, the next mission I go on, it's still just me and the new person. The other members that were on my team have been dropped.

So, after each new person is found, the player needs to go back into their party selection screen and tell any previous team mates that they can come back out.

This is not intuitive as I didn't tell them they weren't on the team.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Picking up a new team member drops the other members
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 10:01:03 AM »
Yeah, I set it up like this as it was significantly less work. There's also the possibility of having a full party before meeting a new character, and this raises the question of whether to keep the new character, or randomly deselect an existing party member. I agree it's not intuitive though, and will have a think about handling it.

Nomad

Re: Picking up a new team member drops the other members
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 11:48:20 AM »
I have a couple of suggestions... but you've likely considered them.
As you said... more work to implement.

Assuming you'll allow additional party members to join in on recruitment missions:
1. If the party is full, then when a recruitment mission is triggered, bring up a screen to prompt who to drop. After the mission, the team consists of the team that just played the recruitment mission.

2. As above, but the existing team is flagged and after the mission the original team is re-assembled, minus the new recruit.

If only the main character goes on recruitment missions (as it's currently implemented):
1. At mission end, bring the player back into the Team screen so they can re-add.

2. Put a flag on the current team members and then re-add the existing team back. If there was already a full team, then the newest member is not added. If the team is not full, then (as they are currently) they are flagged as being in the team.

3. After a recruitment mission, bring up a message telling the player to go to the Team screen to select which characters are in the new team. (This would be the simplest solution)