Author Topic: [Resolved]AP indicator (at the bottom) not updating correctly sometimes  (Read 5637 times)

Nomad

Sometimes when I take a shot, the AP indicator still shows the AP used as yellow (indicating how many AP will be used by the action).
Usually this corrects itself if I query another AP action (line up another enemy).
Only once have I had the message (you do not have enough AP to do that) when I tried to do something else while the AP had been spent but was still showing up as yellow.
I am using the Raskol 148.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 12:10:15 PM by Daithi »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: AP indicator (at the bottom) not updating correctly sometimes
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 10:04:24 AM »
Yeah, there are issues around the AP display. It's linked into so many actions, which makes it difficult to update it correctly all the time. I'll take a look at it. Thanks.

ushas

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 09:57:29 PM »
Indeed it often doesn't show that AP is subtracted. Or there is often substantial delay - not only from when an order was given but also after the action was already done.

However, oddly seems that it probably always correctly updates the AP indicator when you switch the weapon mode by left click. So I've gotten used to left clicking when taking an action to see how many APs are left correctly.

I don't know whether it helps anything, but base on this experience I would wild guessingly recommend to use this function that is called during weapon mode switching (for the AP status display update) also at all other instances when we actually do AP costly stuff. Of course it needs to be called right away at the time an order is given. Though in case you would want to have some move interrupts in future, I can imagine the AP subtraction shown gradually during movement action.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 10:16:02 PM »
Thanks for the info. I think that new features have been added and code may not have been added to update AP. This will get attention - please post any instances here.

ushas

I will try to pay attention to this more then. Now tried another mission and it doesn't seem so prevalent anymore. I apologize for using too much 'often' word:)

Is it possible it's tied to the order of actions or the game thinking in some parts of the code that we are trying to do something else?

One thing that seems reproducible:
If I right-click on some tile that the unit cannot reach the game says "Insufficient AP" and afterwards if I proceed to do another action - the character does the action and under the hood AP is subtracted - but the AP indicator isn't updated at all. Moreover I can do more actions like this without the AP indicator updating (healing, shooting, inventory operation). But it corrects itself once you change weapon mode or order to walk somewhere reachable.
-> Perhaps it's stuck in  'Insufficient AP for reaching a tile'  thinking and changing modes or allowed walking will reset that?

ushas

Related to the above - Automatic Close Combat path drawing: if a unis has fists or any close combat weapon then by mouse-hovering on an enemy it will try to draw a path and may tell 'Insufficient AP' if there is not enough for an attack. The game then stays in that mode even when I move the mouse somewhere else, unless it's another enemy.

If one changes the weapon into a gun then it will still be showing this path needed to come close to an enemy. And also onward the AP indicator won't update properly when shooting (the same issue as described above). This is especially problematic if you want to just 'look around' first while it's a CC character's turn or if Sam is first to act (as he always starts the battle with fists).

ushas

Move this to report a bug section?

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: [Fix Req]AP indicator (at the bottom) not updating correctly sometimes
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 12:09:50 PM »
Fixed these, and a couple of others.