Author Topic: [Resolved] Ammo disappeared or didn't exist  (Read 8434 times)

Nomad

[Resolved] Ammo disappeared or didn't exist
« on: March 08, 2017, 02:44:23 AM »
I had 40 Medium Calibre rounds on one of my two characters that have the General Arms Patriot gun (unmodified).

Both were low on ammo.
One had 5 spare rounds on one and the other was showing 40.
I assumed I'd found some ammo in the last mission (though I suspect I didn't and the 40 somehow appeared as ghost ammo because she ran out when it reloaded her back at base).
I went to put some of the 40 back into the home inventory so I could give it to the other guy but it would only let me instantly transfer all 40 rounds. Clicking, dragging, whatever. The whole stack moved forwards and back.
I assumed it was a bug and so I dragged and dropped the 40 rounds onto her gun. It all disappeared.
This is when I realised it was ghost ammo.
I checked her gun and she has 5 rounds in the gun out of a max of 6. This is what makes me think the 40 was somehow generated when it went to reload her and I didn't have enough rounds in her inventory (or the base inventory).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 10:55:39 AM by Daithi »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Ammo disappeared or didn't exist
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 09:50:53 AM »
Thanks, I'll try to recreate this one. It sounds like it might be tricky to track down. I think you can get 40 MCR from post mission looting, so that's another possibility. I'll try to recreate this, so I can get a  handle on what's going on.

usha

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 12:10:38 AM »
It happened to me too: this time upgraded General Arms Patriot on Sam. After choosing Loot & Leave upon the mission completion (it was the map with park and statue). Back at the base it told me that the gun wasn't properly reloaded and yet there was this ammo 40 x Medium Calibre in the Sam's inventory. Dragging it over the gun made it disappear.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 04:27:00 PM »
If it's 40 MC rounds, it's probably a reward for bypassing a loot container. Might be an error in the ammo being added to an inventory, or in the processes around creating an ammo object in post mission looting. Since you both experienced this with an upgraded GA Patriot, there's possibly an issue here too. I'll try to recreate this.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 10:55:21 AM »
This was almost certainly the ammo bug, which was fixed in V21.

Nomad

Re: [Resolved] Ammo disappeared or didn't exist
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 03:54:37 AM »
Not fixed.
If I don't have enough ammo in my inventory when a mission ends, 40 ammo appears in my inventory. Moving some of that type of ammo into my inventory updates it with the amount that I just moved.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 11:26:41 AM »
Thanks for letting me know and for the info on recreating. It seems that I solved a different bug caused by switching ammo types, which had a similar outcome. Will look into this now.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 12:49:56 PM »
Have been unable to recreate so far. Does it happen often for you? Are you using hotloaded? If it happens again, maybe check if refreshing the inventory by pressing inventory button removes the item - it does seem that in some conditions the used up ammo isn't removed, but for me it retains the pre-reloading stack size, instead of 40.

Thinking about conditions which could give rise to problem (not all of them are, and it may be something else).

1) No ammo in personal or stash
2) Some, but not enough ammo for reload in home inventory
3) Some, but not enough ammo for reload in personal inventory
4) 2+3, but weapon still not reloaded
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 12:56:02 PM by Daithi »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 02:13:52 PM »
The problem I found is the result of the inventory not updating. Happens when you have a partially loaded firearm in your inventory, and purchase ammo to reload it, then go to city map, at which point your weapons are auto reloaded. Then if the last screen was inventory, returning will bring you back there, and the ammo will still be in the inventory with the same stack count as prior to reloading. Have killed two birds with one stone by adding the main UI buttons to the city map, so the inventory is automatically refreshed.

What you experienced sounds like it may be a separate issue.

Nomad

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 01:26:43 AM »
Yes. With my current experience it has been with Hot-loaded Medium Calibre ammo.
If my personal inventory does not have enough ammo to fully reload, it adds a fake 40 ammo to my personal inventory.

I believe I DO have additional ammo in the base inventory.

Edit: Sorry... I didn't read all of your posts (for some reason I read the start of your first reply and then all of the second.)
I believe I am experiencing the condition from your option number 3.
The weapon is loaded with the remaining ammo (not fully reloaded). Then 40 ghost ammo appears in the personal inventory.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:37:56 AM by Nomad »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 12:00:31 PM »
Thanks, that helps to narrow it down, will see if can get it to happen with HL ammo, and some, but not enough ammo in home inv.

Nomad

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 09:11:57 PM »
The character needs to have a few rounds in their personal inventory. Otherwise, I think it just tells you there isn't enough to fully reload. I think.

Nomad

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 03:53:31 AM »
Ok...
Here we go...

Before I set out to slap some mafioso around...
This was my inventory. Note: Only 1 hot loaded shot left and none in base inventory.

I went and kicked their silly butts and got some loot.
I took the next screenshot a little late. It's just the message fading out that says "Could not fully reload Sam's <weapon>"

Then I went to my inventory.
I have all the dropped loot from the mission and now I have 40 rounds of hot loaded medium calibre ammo that doesn't really exist.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 04:31:11 PM »
Great :) Will recreate this and figure out what's going wrong.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 03:08:34 PM »
Couldn't recreate the bug right away, but worked through the code and found the error in logic. My recreation of the conditions you found to be causing the problem missed an essential detail, that the weapon to be reloaded is the second equipped item. Doesn't happen when it's the first item. It's fixed now, cheers!