Author Topic: [Resolved] Issues with the scenario mafia vs. shop owner (v14)  (Read 5065 times)

usha

There were two problems happening to me when playing the scenario where mafia is harassing a shop owner:

1. After the initial conversation he joins the party and I can use him and look at his character sheet. I think it doesn't list his name and instead of his stats it shows stats of one of my party members or so. There is also a white background instead of portrait / picture.

If you don't intend to let us see stats of temporarily joinable party members, perhaps making the character screen inaccessible for them would be the solution? (eg. grayed out un-clickable icon on the main and the combat interface so we can access only inventory screen from both places)

2. After the mission is resolved, and I've managed to keep him alive, he didn't leave the party. I cannot see him on the Manage your team screen in the home base, thus cannot remove him. But I can see him being there when checking the team on the cityscape screen. And I'm unable to go on a mission. Perhaps because of 4 party members limit? Saving and then reloading the same save solves the issue, he is gone. I guess he is not stored in the savegame file.

What I would expect: that the game removes anybody who is designated to be a temporary party member at the mission completion. In case there was suppose to be some conversation at the end which is tied to that it didn't trigger for me.

So far I didn't have a chance to try other scenarios with temporary characters in case there are others, so I'm not sure whether it's more widespread or just the shop owner specific.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 06:23:48 PM by Daithi »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Issues with the scenario mafia vs. shop owner (v14)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 03:21:10 PM »
Thanks for this. Testing aside, am pretty much finished with v15, so will get stuck into this now. Yeah, I think the solution of disabling the character screen makes the most sense. There's no notable gain in seeing the stats, and this will remove the need to fix the wrong stats being shown and drawing illustrations for 1 shot characters.

I fixed the second issue, but will double check to make sure it's working ok! Yeah, that's how it's done, iterate through player team, searching for true on temp character boolean. I don't think I've added the post mission dialogue for that yet - some of the encounters will have dialogue and a reward.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Issues with the scenario mafia vs. shop owner (v14)
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 06:23:33 PM »
Both fixed!