Author Topic: Perk list sorting  (Read 3850 times)

Nomad

Perk list sorting
« on: April 03, 2017, 06:22:55 AM »
As the Perk list is growing... may I suggest some way of sorting or filtering?

Melee, ranged, misc.
Melee - Unarmed, sharp, blunt
Ranged - pistol, sub, precision, shotty, assault

I'm sure misc can be filtered into various things, but unless there are a ton of them, why bother.

But, I definitely find it a bit of a mess when I'm wanting to buy perks. I'll be on an unarmed melee character and having to click on a bunch of perks, then looking through the unavailable ones, trying to find specific unarmed perks. Then I go through the same on my Assault rifle character and so on.

When there weren't that many perks to start with, it really wasn't a thing. Now the list is growing out of hand (which is a good thing).
Being able to find what you want would be nice.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Perk list sorting
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 10:54:59 AM »
Better solution: I'll just remove half of them  :)

I agree. This was mentioned as an issue in my last game, so I've left a field in each perk to categorise them. May not filter that much, but keep it at higher level: Melee, Ranged, Throwing, Activated, Survivability. This will definitely happen.

Nomad

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 01:34:46 PM »
Ahh... excellent.
That sounds like it would be enough.

Or... yeah... removing half of them would be easier...

ushas

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 07:25:49 PM »
Could be also filtered by required skills or so.

As you will be working on that screen anyway - comparing it to the main character screen it seems to me slightly lacking. I'm not sure how much you want to do re-arranging. Seems less effective with using space too. In case you are open to suggestions, I would also add one more box there. For example for personal statistics. Do you track some data already?

Like: number of kills / knockouts, number of times this party member was incapacitated, how many times he fled the battle, number of missions attended, favorite weapons, time spent on recovery, stats around his contribution to the team, party members with who he was out in the danger most often... 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 09:25:55 PM by ushas »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 09:38:41 AM »
@ Nomad - it could go either way :)

@ Ushas - Hadn't thought about adding stats, but I may well do this.