Author Topic: What do a shotgun and a green ball have in common?  (Read 5404 times)

ushas

What do a shotgun and a green ball have in common?
« on: April 05, 2017, 01:58:21 AM »
A shotgun cone reveals vicious green balls in the character's vicinity.

See attachment, those two green guys weren't there before I switched into cone mode. It's possibly related to that column thing in the middle. Map: DowntownConstruction1.

The second one is another full cover one-tile object / tree, Suburbs1. I haven's seen it happen with half-cover things nor around buildings.

(v14, linux build)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 02:33:25 AM by ushas »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: What do a shotgun and a green ball have in common?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 10:51:48 AM »
Ha, they aren't very intuitive. They are placeholders. They allow you to move to one side of full cover to determine what enemies you will hit when you strafe from cover. Click on them to move, then target enemies and right click to shoot those enemies

ushas

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 09:38:11 PM »
Aha! I was so blind, now they are everywhere...

It makes sense. With the cone and more targets the game cannot choose stepping to a side for us. I just didn't expect it's  possible for a shotgun too. Sorry for treating them as bugs.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 11:30:02 PM »
Yeah, I didn't want to limit the shotgun's use. Was a bit of work in it, but it had to be done.

Not at all, I know they aren't very intuitive now, and I need to replace the balls. Probably will add a flat plane with arrow.