Author Topic: [Resolved] Not launching mission  (Read 5356 times)

Nomad

[Resolved] Not launching mission
« on: April 08, 2017, 06:17:33 AM »
Sorry, I'm not going to be much help here... I have no idea what's happening.
I can't launch a mission.
I have all three team mates selected and on team.
Clicking the "Play" button does nothing.

Actually... it seems to be any mission. I can't start any mission.
Saving and restarting the game didn't help.

I have enough intel in each area to at least show the Gang in control. Most zones have enough intel to show the Danger level (only about two zones do not). Some zones have more intel (I have one zone up to 100% intel).
It appears I can't start any mission. I have systematically clicked through every zone and tried to start a mission (barring the No Gang zones that do not have a Play button).
It appears my game is broken.

Let me know if you need a copy of my save or anything. I guess I'm done play testing for this iteration.  =)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 12:31:56 PM by Daithi »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Not launching mission
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 11:48:15 AM »
What OS are you using? If you send me the log files (or you could try the save) I'll be able to tell what's happening. If you're on windows, %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\TimeslipSoftworks\VigilantesV15\output_log.txt

Nomad

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 03:26:05 AM »
I have no output_log.txt file at that location.

I'll email you my save file.

Edit: Oh... I found an output_log.txt file in my Vigilantes game install.
I'll email that to you too.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 03:29:30 AM by Nomad »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 01:17:43 PM »
Thanks, am looking into this now. It seems to be an issue with loading gang leaders and saving the gang ai's order. Is there anything in particular that jumps out as the cause? Something you might not have done before? Has anyone else experienced this problem, or has it happened since?

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: [Fix Required] Not launching mission
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 01:46:12 PM »
Getting a handle on what happened here. Pretty sure it's related to the amount of time that has passed. One of the gangs has built a racket and has not chosen a new strategic order. Then, this broke the save game. There may be a secondary issue with saving gang leaders, or it may have been caused by the initial error. Will check. I'm not really ready to look at the gang strategic AI yet(will be after a few more updates), so I'm probably just going to prevent it from taking any actions for now. Going to look at adding an interrogation mechanic in this update, and get a little work done on gang leaders, depending on how well things go.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: [Fix Required] Not launching mission
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 02:23:55 PM »
Passed time beyond your save date, and having no trouble launching, since blocking gang from executing strategic orders. Fixed for now, but will give this more attention when I get to working on the gang AI.

Nomad

Re: [Temp Fix - Check Later] Not launching mission
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 12:59:00 PM »
Just so you know.... this happened on a single play through.
I started from scratch. I did make some saves as I went, but I played through until the game just wouldn't let me launch. So, I never loaded a save until after it didn't let me start a mission and I saved, quit and re-loaded.

Though the save may be busted, I think the issue occurs anyway.
Either way, it sounds like you've narrowed down the cause, so you've got a handle on it for now.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 11:18:59 AM »
Thanks for info. The issue will corrupt a save, but it shouldn't happen in next version.

Nomad

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 09:07:33 AM »
Awesome.
I'm looking forward to the next version.  =)