Author Topic: Suggestion: AP saving indication  (Read 3831 times)

ushas

Suggestion: AP saving indication
« on: April 20, 2017, 10:58:14 PM »
Because the system allows various amount of AP to be saved from this turn (up to MaxAP-NextTurnAP), what about making it easier to keep track?

I would suggest to add another contradistinction to AP indicator. For example, changing the lightness or outline of the nth last green squares that can be transferred for the next turn. Attached image is just for illustration.

Same games let you set the AP reservation so you accidentally don't spent all, but such functionality would be worth to implement only in the case the reaction fire or attacks of opportunity are on the table.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Suggestion: AP saving indication
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 10:49:00 AM »
I can see how it's useful info for the player, will have a look. If I get more time to work on the combat system (I hope so) reaction fire and AOO would be my first call. They're going to be time consuming, but I hope I can add them.

ushas

Re: Suggestion: AP saving indication
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 07:47:29 PM »
That would be great, of course. Enhancing in between turns gameplay is always good in TB games. Hands down this is a lot of work to integrate though. I don't know how you envision the actual mechanic when and how it will trigger, as there are various options. However, just from the AP reservation standpoint, I think something simple as a button switching between 'reserve AP' (set according current active weapon + mode) and 'unreserve all AP' states may be good to go.