Author Topic: [Resolved]Crashed during interrogation  (Read 8747 times)

Nomad

[Resolved]Crashed during interrogation
« on: May 08, 2017, 06:59:04 AM »
I had a total of 106 and the soldier had 70. That gave me a 76% chance of success.
I clicked Interrogate! and then I got the Windoze thinking circle cursor (Windoze 7).

The game is locked up.
I have a fair bit of info on the City map already (lots of surveillance and lots of interrogations). Just wondering if it handles me already having the information that the interrogation might provide?
Otherwise... it might just be a crash.  =)

Let me know if you need/want logs or whatever.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:36:47 PM by Daithi »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Crashed during interrogation
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 10:36:19 AM »
Hey Nomad! I did add code in to allow for all intel gained, but haven't managed to test it yet, so that's certainly a possibility. Please send on log file, it might help in figuring out what the problem is.

Nomad

Re: [Fix Req]Crashed during interrogation
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 03:07:13 PM »
Where would I find that log file again?

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 03:27:49 PM »
Think it writes the log when you leave the application. It keeps the 2 last instances, so no worries if it's gone. Location should be C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Unity\Editor

Save games work too and can be better - if you have one handy, please send it on. I don't think the save data has changed yet on this version. It will be easier when the save data stops changing so quickly.

Nomad

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 03:35:44 PM »
I'll send you the save game then.

Just as another note... I started a new game to check the Interrogation delay issue I had the first few interrogations. I saved the Doc then did some surveillance to find a level 1 area I could start in. I found Ray before I found a suitable block. Ray got taken out and the game told me it was taking me back Home. Then it proceeded to load in my other game.
I went from failing to save Ray, to then being level 14 and having all three companions.

Edit: lol... finding it was a biatch. Luckily for me, I mistyped the name I wanted when I saved manually. I meant to type game. I missed, but didn't care.
My save game was under:
C:\Users\*username*\AppData\LocalLow\Timeslip Softworks\VigilantesV16\SaveData
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 03:53:16 PM by Nomad »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 04:42:03 PM »
Save game worked, very handy. Have learned a few useful things about balance (looks like there's too much money right now - you've amassed 15K!, the vigilante business is profitable), and enemy level ups might be too slow. Could you guess at how many hours of playtime you've put in to get this far?

I haven't gotten a crash yet, but will keep trying. Any ideas on recreating? Do you know what gang you were fighting and which you were trying to get intel on when it happened?

Nomad

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 03:39:04 PM »
The money has built up because I got the investor perk, then didn't spend much. I sell EVERYTHING that I'm not immediately using. My barter skill is quite decent.

I think it will be fine once you've added the ability to build a workshop and outfit it. Now you have a benchmark to determine the costs of those features.  =)

I've played quite a bit. Hours? Crikey, I have no idea. I'd guess.... err... 5-9 hours.

No ideas on recreating, because I'd done the same thing a bunch of times before. Do mission, loot, interrogate. I expect that it was trying to call up some information that crashed it. As the info revealed is random... not much help there.
Can you debug it? Maybe put a breakpoint on it and get it to give info on each grid and see if one of them crashes it. Unfortunately that's a lot of attempts, but it's the only thing I can think of.
I can't remember the gang, either Mafia or Survivalist. The info was on the Cultists... I think. If you're going to force which grids to give info on, try them first.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 08:43:39 PM »
Good to know, thanks. Hmm, at 5-9 hours, the city map needs to get bigger. Was doing initial testing on the facilities today, and I used your hard earned save game cash to upgrade. Felt sorta guilty :)

Possibly linked to the post mission loot issue. Going to do a few bug fix days once am done with player facilities, then another testing session near release.

Nomad

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 03:37:09 AM »
Don't feel guilty spending my money on facilities. That's what it's there for.
I'm looking forward to buying base facilities and upgrades.

I hope it gave you a good indication of costs (I'm hoping you couldn't afford everything ;) ).

Remember that my play time was just a guestimation. I should probably take closer note.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 12:44:11 PM »
Ha, at present it's enough to get one fully upgraded (useful for test).

Where you killing enemies when this happened? Fixed an issue around incapacitated enemies - if so, will mark as check, and see if V17 resolves the issue.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 12:48:08 PM »
Possibly linked issue: http://timeslipsoftworks.com/forum/index.php/topic,244.0.html - check if recurs in next release.

Nomad

Re: [Confirm Fix]Crashed during interrogation
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 05:31:46 AM »
I have two team mates set to incapacitate and two set to kill.
Me and Elena are the psychos and Sam and Emilia just want to stop the baddies.

It's not specifically covered by the kill interrogation issue.
It was a full crash, rather than a pause.

Edit: Fixed spelling error.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 02:06:49 PM by Nomad »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 01:13:46 PM »
Possibly related, but hard to be certain - there were 2 issues with code : some test code still in there and an issue with registering enemies as killed. If you do get a chance to try out the next version, please keep an eye out for this.

Nomad

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 04:01:57 PM »
lol... yeah... I think I'll notice a full crash.
But, with the new version I'll see if I can deliberately stuff it up... and try to take note of what I do.

The problem with intermittent problems is that they tend to catch you when you're not really paying attention.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 10:31:05 AM »
Yeah, intermittent bugs are a pain. Good chance it's been fixed, to be replaced with new bugs am currently authoring :)