Author Topic: [Resolved] Mafia bootleggers impossible to end  (Read 4035 times)

ushas

[Resolved] Mafia bootleggers impossible to end
« on: April 04, 2017, 06:39:29 PM »
According to the Players.log it seems it was map Alley3 + bootleggers encounter: Valerio Rivera + de Cesare Accardi.

The issue is that at the end of the fight when both (and all enemy units) are incapacitated the game still shows their silhouettes, and in the same time I cannot target them with attack anymore. It also freezes so my party member cannot proceed nor end turn. He has one of the bodies in a way, not sure if important. I had to reload.

As for the dialogue, I've chosen to use a skill check, so Cesare was incapacitated by his buddy before the combat.
(v14, linux)

Btw. are you sure a mere Presence suppresses one's own laughter? :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 02:09:37 AM by ushas »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Mafia bootleggers impossible to end
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 10:45:53 AM »
Thanks for the report. I'll try to create this problem, and fix it up. There may be an issue with registering the knocked out character as incapacitated.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: [Fix Req] Mafia bootleggers impossible to end
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 01:19:01 PM »
I've fixed the issue with the KO character still being registered (info popping up when mouseover), and their silhouette appearing, but didn't encounter the issue with the mission not completing. Also fixed a few colliders (characters could shoot through truck). I'll keep an eye out for this issue in future builds. You can play this mission at any time by:

1) Find a mafia tile
2) Lock city map cursor on mafia tile
3) Press Insert, a console will appear
4) type 20 into the console and press the button beside it

This shouldn't be any different that the mission randomly being chosen.

ushas

Re: [Check Fixed] Mafia bootleggers impossible to end
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 08:38:26 AM »
So I followed the instructions with v15 and the game actually freezes right at the initialization the same way as another encounter on the same map (Alleys3) reported last week (the same error message). This time it stops after the party + one of the bootlegger speakers spawn on the map. I will sent you the log file for now and will try to revisit this with v16.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 09:53:50 AM »
Thanks. Will put down a couple of possibilities to check:

1) A basic unit has upgraded to a more advanced type, and there's an issue with finding this enemy's model
2) Issue with placing one of the speaking characters (these have defined start areas).

ushas

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 11:07:14 PM »
All three encounters that had reported a freeze at the start of the map in v15 seem now in v16 resolved. I'll try them out again on the higher level, to see if (1) doesn't play a role here. 

I was able to play this encounter from start to finish without any issues. So the the original bug of this thread was probably resolved.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 01:36:22 PM »
Great, one down!