Author Topic: [Fix Req - NR] SlumGarage: Game freezes after shooting around the corner  (Read 5769 times)

ushas

(v16, linux, HB)

map: SlumGarage, config: 0, Church, Sam solo
While shooting around the corner, Sam stays in the sidestepped position after shooting a foe. Doesn't go back and the game freezes.

Took the screen later, when tried recreate the issue, but couldn't. 

In the log there is this:
Code: [Select]
CharacterMainScript.HandleHitByRangedFire. Method called. Hit character is: Sister Binns
IKScript.DisableIK. Method called. Time is: 1176.94 character name: Sister Binns IK enabled: False

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[TileScript].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CharacterMainScript+<StartRangedSingleTargetAttack>c__Iterator39.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I'm not sure if the clipping issues for this map (SlumGarage) were already reported. There are minor problems with the wall, see rest of the images.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:07:22 PM by Daithi »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: SlumGarage: Game freezes after shooting around the corner
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 01:49:35 PM »
Firing with precision rifle? Will check this out - at least the issues with the cover icon not showing will be easy to fix!

ushas

No. It was gun, Abramovich 9, I think. Now I realize this is different game than the other report, early in Hero difficulty.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: [Fix Req] SlumGarage: Game freezes after shooting around the corner
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 12:42:34 PM »
Fixed issues with cover display - looking into crash now. Hopefully can recreate it.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: [Fix Req] SlumGarage: Game freezes after shooting around the corner
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 01:06:32 PM »
Have tried to recreate to no avail. It seems that on Linux, the line numbers for the errors aren't provided, so it makes it difficult to figure out what piece of code is causing the problem. I'll keep an eye out for this issue in testing.

ushas

Yeah, before reporting I myself tried to recreate to no avail. Hasn't happened since.

So tried run the win version under wine. The log there (output_log.txt?) doesn't show more info, or different line numbers. Though had to turn off shader and use opengl. Are you positive it's not some debug build option?