Author Topic: [Fix Req]Enemy Running Animation Won't stop  (Read 79 times)

Daithi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Running Animation Won't stop
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 02:16:05 PM »
Have also addressed the issue with characters not switching back to their original equipment after AOO. This was also causing a hang. It's pretty neat landing an AOO and then whipping out a pistol and shooting them in the back as they run... hmm that didn't sound great did it :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:17:36 PM by Daithi »

ushas

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 12:19:42 AM »
It's pretty neat landing an AOO and then whipping out a pistol and shooting them in the back as they run... hmm that didn't sound great did it :)
Sounds great low!
Btw. an overwatch cascade is also pretty neat...

I believe this issue was also causing the problem with enemies appearing to be knocked into another tile. Based on your posts, it's likely there are some more issues in this area. Will try to dig some of them up.
Had some seeings. But did a lousy job at investigation. Will try atone with v19.

For example, enemies seem to run superfast when moving after being interrupted by overwatch. So deducted, what originally looked like being knocked into another tile, was perhaps this continuation of movement. Not sure.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 06:21:21 AM »
The enemies moving really fast seems to be a variation of being knocked into another tile - maybe just a shorter distance to move. Haven't observed it since the fix.

ushas

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 08:32:30 PM »
Um. I a kind of accidentally stumbled upon the "O" key right on the first turn of the first mission, and got Sam into HtH Overwatch. Then damaged approaching enemy... And it recreated the running enemy loop bug, including Path is null errors in the log. Oh well.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2017, 11:15:35 AM »
Looks like there's another case which hasn't been addressed. Going to finish off the two maps am working on and try to recreate.

ushas

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2017, 06:01:05 PM »
Nice! Don't need to hurry. Brace yourself for some necroing though. The first wave from me can come on Sunday night if free time permits.

Btw. you can get it with any overwatch (tried pistol, machete, HtH), no AOO this time. It doesn't look to me like the guys were trying to flee or go somewhere else. They came to Sam to attack him in close, not continue movement. Sam's attack of opportunity just comes before their own attack, or their end turn.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2017, 10:38:15 PM »
Does it happen every time?

ushas

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2017, 09:01:46 AM »
No. It looks happening often but not always - I'm having CC Sam this time and only played first three missions, all with Mafia. Will try to do further investigation. Do you have some suspects to focus on?

PS: Got only one mafioso on Ray's initial mission (after Cuda). So it was Ray+Sam vs. one.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2017, 11:40:25 AM »
No. It looks happening often but not always - I'm having CC Sam this time and only played first three missions, all with Mafia. Will try to do further investigation. Do you have some suspects to focus on?

PS: Got only one mafioso on Ray's initial mission (after Cuda). So it was Ray+Sam vs. one.

Ah, ok. Honestly, not sure - there could be a number of variables, whether it hits, whether it kills would seem like the obvious ones, but it's hard to call. Hopefully it will be fairly easy to recreate when I get to it early next week. Did the first mission have mafia? It shouldn't :/ Yeah, I was testing on Hard Boiled with Sam CC & Ray, and that enforcer was brutal to take down at level 1. Got killed multiple times, so reduced number of enemies to one. On that playthrough I only used lower level weapons, just to get a feel for difficulty.

ushas

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2017, 09:52:03 PM »
Did the first mission have mafia? It shouldn't :/
No. Sorry I forgot to include the initial one. It was the siblings as usual.

Yeah, I was testing on Hard Boiled with Sam CC & Ray, and that enforcer was brutal to take down at level 1. Got killed multiple times, so reduced number of enemies to one. On that playthrough I only used lower level weapons, just to get a feel for difficulty.
I'm playing Vigilante now and wasn't even trying to kill him, just testing overwatch. Could be simply lucky. So as the first ally happens before the map access, does it mean its enemy side composition isn't tied to any tile parameters?

Generally, I don't think it's necessarily bad to start on easier side even with hardest difficulties. Familiarizing with the game is also a spike on its own. One may simply have harder time to keep up with the speed in the race... So was just noting in relation to your "maintain the feeling being outnumbered" intention.

Will try to go through initial missions more times. As it's different. Low lvl as you said. Plus changes on the enemy side...

In the meantime, by the past experience: the most important factors for the difficulty feeling were the maps/encounters themselves. Tbh. our weapons not so much. Unless ammo scarcity, but past the first 2 missions wasn't happening even on Hero (still secretly hoping you will pull that off, no pressure:))

For allies, hands down the hardest one is Emilia's. No place to hide. While the Ray's map was by far the easiest.

Uff, recalling the B&E encounter (HB, danger 3, v16 or v17 I think): we were squeezed in that small space with 13-15  enemies with pistols. Took me several tries, and used like 12 grenades in the whole battle, floor on fire. Btw. that's how the fireproof zones were discovered... 

Daithi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Today at 10:20:07 AM »
No. Sorry I forgot to include the initial one. It was the siblings as usual.
At least that's working :)

I'm playing Vigilante now and wasn't even trying to kill him, just testing overwatch. Could be simply lucky. So as the first ally happens before the map access, does it mean its enemy side composition isn't tied to any tile parameters?

Generally, I don't think it's necessarily bad to start on easier side even with hardest difficulties. Familiarizing with the game is also a spike on its own. One may simply have harder time to keep up with the speed in the race... So was just noting in relation to your "maintain the feeling being outnumbered" intention.
The first 3 encounters are all danger level 1, the first 2 have set enemies, whereas the ally encounter will spawn whatever enemies are present in the encounter vs that ally. Agree about easing players in. The enforcer is an exception to the rule - he's easier to take down with firearms, but very tough with melee.

In the meantime, by the past experience: the most important factors for the difficulty feeling were the maps/encounters themselves. Tbh. our weapons not so much. Unless ammo scarcity, but past the first 2 missions wasn't happening even on Hero (still secretly hoping you will pull that off, no pressure:))

For allies, hands down the hardest one is Emilia's. No place to hide. While the Ray's map was by far the easiest.
I think I reduced number of enemies in Emilia encounter by 1, so it should be easier now. If it's very tough will pull another enemy out. I do need to have a look at the loot system pretty soon, add some items and enhance the code, so will see what I can do.