Author Topic: [Resolved] Persistent AOO % indicator  (Read 3389 times)

ushas

[Resolved] Persistent AOO % indicator
« on: July 30, 2017, 11:41:14 PM »
(v18, linux, Vi)

Problem: The old AOO % display can persist on the screen. Tested using CC weapons.

See attached image - it looks like the game communicates AOO chance when Ray wants to attack an adjacent target. What happened is that I mouse-hovered on another guy initially and the game calculated the path there and shows AOO% as the path starts next to the enemy. However, I've changed my mind and decided to target the one next to me. Yet the AOO% display doesn't fade away.

I haven't seen any AOO triggering in such situations yet, so I assume the problem lies more probably in the AOO % indicator being falsely persistent than AOO having any chance to trigger. But cannot fully exclude the latter, of course.

It's also possible this is related to AP indicator not updating issue, not directly though, as in this case I often see AP squares properly updated while AOO % stays persistent.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:24:51 AM by Daithi »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Persistent AOO % indicator
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 11:24:39 AM »
This case is fixed, but given the branching nature of the input system, not all cases may have been caught. Will leave this open for reporting any other cases where AOO is being displayed in error.

ushas

Re: [Resolved] Persistent AOO % indicator
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 03:00:46 PM »
(v19, linux, Vi)

I can still get this one with CC. For example, with HtH - mouseover on one distant enemy and then target the one adjacent to you -> AOO indicator persists.

Another easy way to reproduce is with pistol or healing: when being adjacent to an enemy, once right click on some tile, so AOO percentages pop up. Then mouseover on any enemy in LOS with pistol, or on yourself when healing. AOO indicator persists. See this image:

Well, the screen also shows how you can get persistent path and AP indicator when combining first-click for move and targeting. Given other issues and that it wasn't give attention so far, assumed it's low priority (as those things are about interface). But was thinking, would it be useful if I make report, say during v20 on all inconsistencies regarding using move, attack/use, or move + CC attack actions? So you've it all summed for when it's time to deal with.

ushas

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 05:13:33 PM »
Edit: Nevermind. Assuming the answer whether to make the report summary out of gathered combat interface notes is no. 
May the next release go smooth.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 05:57:23 PM by ushas »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 03:48:47 PM »
Have fixed a number of instances where AOO was shown when it shouldn't. Will keep an eye out for more. Sorry didn't respond, tend to check deferred bugs less, will clear out a few of these over next few days.