Author Topic: This is VILLSPOR  (Read 13816 times)

Villspor

This is VILLSPOR
« on: November 11, 2016, 07:12:59 PM »
Hi there :)
I am Simon (Villspor), I am 29 and from Germany. I work as an IT-Guy, we provide datacenter solutions and support for local businesses. I am interested in games, social events, skiing, design and IT.

I am new to this community and pledged on kickstarter. I am very excited to be a part of this and looking forward to a great time.
If you want to know more, dont hesitate to get in touch!
Cheers!
Simon

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: This is VILLSPOR
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 08:46:00 PM »
Welcome Simon! Glad to see you here, and thanks for backing us on Kickstarter. Playing any good games at the minute?  except Vigilantes, of course!  :)

Nighteyes

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 10:44:11 PM »
Hey there Si...
Good to have you here...
Always great to be surrounded by great people ^^

Villspor

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 10:56:06 PM »
Hi Daithi! Hi Nighteyes!
Thank you for your warm welcome to me  :)
It's a great pleasure to support you! I did play Vigilantes today and i really like it. Do you plan to add other languages like German?  8)
I frequently play a game with friends called "Skara" I can send you Steam-Keys, if you are interested and we can compete each other one day  ;)
I wish you a great weekend!
Cheers,
Simon

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 06:23:44 PM »
Hi Simon,

Glad to hear you enjoyed playing Vigilantes. It's mostly been fun to make too :) It's difficult to say what will happen with other languages - there are no plans at the minute - the main reason is the story heavy nature of the game. If it were a 2,000 word story, the decision would be easy, but all the story, descriptions, tooltips are probably going to add up to 20,000 words or more, which makes translating it much more difficult. I'll have a look at Skara and see what it's all about, thanks! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Villspor

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 11:19:01 PM »
Hi Daithi,

I can imagine. Translating is no priority. I just realised, that I had to look up several words  ::)
Weekend was good. Hope yours as well. Wish you a good start into the week!

Cheers,
Simon  8)

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 10:58:54 AM »
Hey Simon,

Translation is an open question for now, may have a look at it if things go well on Steam. Likewise, hope you have a good week :) Just getting started on the mission selection code now.

All the best,
Daithi

Chabbrik

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 02:31:34 PM »
Hey Daithi,

I do not want to say that translations are easy or high priority, but as a current frontend guy, I would like to share some tips.

If text is not hardcoded and uses text constants, translations do not have to be difficult. You can get a workable translation from volunteers like us and then spend some budget on professional translator to smoothen the rough edges.

The main challenge is having enough GUI space for all texts in all languages, as words tend to have different length and it can really throw off balance the graphical design. One solution is to use more icons and tooltips (that do not have same space constraints).

By implementing rudimentary text support early on you can figure out early on, if translation going to be a hassle or not.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 03:31:47 PM »
Thank you for the insights, Chabbrik. Very useful. Right now, there's pretty much no support for translation. It could be added, but, like everything else, it would require time. Will keep an open mind on it though.

Villspor

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 04:20:52 PM »
Hi Daithi, hi Chabbrik!
that sounds good. If you need help one day with translations, let me know.
Cheers.
Simon

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 08:06:24 PM »
Thanks Simon, appreciate the offer of help!

aikon

• Aikon Distribution - simply with windows, doors et
    • www.aikondistribution.com
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 05:59:57 PM »
Hello, Jan
this is Aikon, gr. an image, from US, before that from UK before that - Poland  :)