Author Topic: Targeting through combat interface  (Read 1093 times)

ushas

Targeting through combat interface
« on: August 24, 2017, 01:57:39 AM »
(v19, linux)

You can target and attack tiles and enemies that are under the left and right UI elements on the screen.

Perhaps not exactly a bug, so feel free to move, but I think it is, indeed, strange and may or may not lead to potential issues in the future.

For example, in the first attached image I'm pointing the mouse (not captured by screenshot) at the overwatch button. As there is an enemy underneath too, we see two tooltips shown. If I would, at this moment, left-click at the overwatch button, it will set Sam to overwatch. If I would right-click at the overwatch button, Sam will attack that enemy.

The second one showcase, if you want to change a weapon at hand (clicked at the HtH image there), a tooltip of an enemy underneath will be in front of the weapon image.

Apart graphical trivia, I'm not sure how much potential for confusion there is. If it can be misinterpreted by new players who're familiarizing themselves with the interface?

Overall, perhaps would be more clear to make tiles under those UI elements with buttons untargetable. We don't see them properly anyway. I dunno, for example, when it blocks like >50% of the tile from the view?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 02:00:07 AM by ushas »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Targeting through combat interface
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 06:58:22 AM »
Thanks for report. I'm going to move some of these smaller issues, which don't have a quick solution/have a potential to cause a bigger problem into deferred bugs for now and take a look at them post EA, when there's less time pressure.

ushas

Re: Targeting through combat interface
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 01:18:08 PM »
Yeah, that's good point. That way, I can also get it off my chest without being worried about prioritization.