Author Topic: [Resolved] Combat inventory operations  (Read 3976 times)

ushas

[Resolved] Combat inventory operations
« on: August 25, 2017, 01:26:54 PM »
(v19, linux)

Underlying logic: Each inventory cell operation (a content of a cell moved between hands-backpack-ground), regardless of number of items stacked in it or transferred, will cost 1 AP. So you can move all your ammo of the same type or just part of it -> always costs 1 AP. Do I understand this right?

Problem: Inconsistencies with the cost of inventory operations.

1. The way how stackable items are transferred:
Normally, when I transfer the whole content of the cell by dragging or by ctrl, or in quantity of 5 using shift, it will subtract 1 AP as said above. However, if you will drag the stack and the dialog with a slider appears, then if you choose any amount lower than all -> cost of the operation will be 0 AP!  It can be like you had 30 ammo and transferred 29...

2. Using Take / Drop All button won't cost any AP:
When picking up items from the ground take all won't cost any AP regardless number of items. Likewise, if you want to drop all. However, the game somehow checks if you have enough AP in comparison to number of cells to be dropped. So it won't let you do it with 4 AP and 5 cells occupied in the backpack, but will if there are items in only 4 cells - those will re-appear on the ground. The problem is, it won't cost me any AP...

Based on the no-no text I guess Take & Drop All operations should cost based on the number of cells to be transferred?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 02:32:18 PM by Daithi »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Combat inventory operations
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 04:08:18 PM »
(v19, linux)

Underlying logic: Each inventory cell operation (a content of a cell moved between hands-backpack-ground), regardless of number of items stacked in it or transferred, will cost 1 AP. So you can move all your ammo of the same type or just part of it -> always costs 1 AP. Do I understand this right?

Based on the no-no text I guess Take & Drop All operations should cost based on the number of cells to be transferred?

Yeah, that's how it works (on both counts). I'll probably hold off on this for now, and come back to it when EA pressure is over.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Combat inventory operations
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 02:32:06 PM »
Fixed these.

ushas

Re: [Resolved] Combat inventory operations
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 10:53:56 PM »
Trying to amend for the past botched inventory testing by re-checking and it appears we have one regression here: In v24 using the top take/drop all buttons will not cost any AP.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: [Resolved] Combat inventory operations
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 01:15:17 PM »
Fixed.