Author Topic: [Resolved] Not collecting dropped loot in facility  (Read 7864 times)

Nomad

[Resolved] Not collecting dropped loot in facility
« on: September 25, 2017, 12:57:22 AM »
I don't know if this affects all maps (I don't believe it does).

Attacking a level 1 Survivalist facility with a danger level of X.

I killed two guys before I remembered to count their weapons. I counted 3 guns.
After the map I got 4 Safes to crack. I opened all 4 and received 3 guns (and assorted junk).
None of my characters had any dropped gear on them back at the safehouse. The only new weapons we had in our base inventory were the three guns we found in the Safes.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 03:14:13 PM by Daithi »

Nomad

Re: Not collecting dropped loot in facility
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 02:00:30 AM »
Hang on... is dropped loot not being picked up?

I fought some Survivalists on a normal Danger 3 map.
I specifically noted that 4 had guns. After taking them all out I bypassed all the loot containers and gained 5 guns.
None of my characters had any collected weapons and only those 5 guns appeared in the base inventory.

I assume this is a bug.

Nomad

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 02:11:31 AM »
I just followed up with a fight on some Churchers.
They had 3 guns plus some hand to hand weapons.
I bypassed loot at the end and revealed 1 gun (among other stuff).
Back at base one of my characters had the Churcher's weapons and the base inventory had the 1 bypassed gun.

This instance looks like it is behaving correctly.

ushas

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 02:20:01 AM »
Well, Daithi said we gonna not get all what we see (money balancing etc.). I've done some preliminary testing of this yesterday, saw that things collected from the battle were in Sam's backpack whereas those from post-mission in the joint inventory. But what you report sounds strange indeed. There could be combination of things (bug & balancing). 

Would you say that so far it happened only with survivalists?

Nomad

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 08:17:34 AM »
Missing loot seems to be Survivalists.
I haven't specifically checked the Mafia yet.

Also... I'm pretty sure it's not just Sam that ends up with dropped loot in my game. I go through all my characters to find who's carrying.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 10:47:11 AM »
Will keep this on the radar. The stuff that's on the ground should be picked up by the last character to act, whereas the post mission stuff should end up in home inventory.

ushas

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 02:55:03 AM »
Also... I'm pretty sure it's not just Sam that ends up with dropped loot in my game. I go through all my characters to find who's carrying.
Yeah sorry. I did only one anecdote before, thus said in Sam's inventory. 

Tonight I had one regular mission and one training facility attack against Survivalists. In both cases there was loot collected from the battlefield (hadn't cross-checked with all the dropped backpacks' content though). So wasn't able to recreate so far. But at least it's clear that what Nomad reported won't happen on each battle. Will keep eyes open.

Shouldn't draw conclusions from a few tries, but so far it seems, indeed, that they are less prone to drop firearms during the battle. On the regular one they dropped only ammo and trauma kits and on the facility one dropping was: two knives + bat + one pistol + ammo + trauma kits.

Nomad

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 03:50:20 AM »
Definitely not getting any dropped loot from attacking a Racket/Facility.

Took out a Survivalist Facility. Tough fight with them having lots of rifles.
At the end of the fight, I got none of the dropped gear. Not a single rifle, med kit, etc.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 11:46:51 AM »
I'll definitely fix this one up for next version. Will do a round of bug fixes first and then move on.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 02:38:16 PM »
Just tried it, got a screen full of loot from it. Not sure what the difference is. A couple of somewhat unlikely possibilities:

1) Anything dropped by enemies goes into the personal inventory of the currently acting player character and isn't shown in the post mission loot screen - this was a lot of stuff for me
2) Anything looted from the post mission loot crates goes into main inventory
3) Did you discover the racket with intel? Previously, you could find them with surveillance, but just to eliminate an unlikely possibility
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 02:55:43 PM by Daithi »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2017, 03:14:09 PM »
Think I figured it. Do you remember if the last enemy died on their turn with fire damage? Made a mistake with currently acting player character - if the last enemy dies from fire, the loot will end up in their inventory  :-[ Oops. It's fixed now. Cheers for flagging, this one could have easily gone unnoticed...

Nomad

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 01:42:19 AM »
Umm.... Fire?....
You're going to hate me.... but I don't think so.

Also, I'm not getting their gear at all. Not at home inventory (except for the end of zone loot (maybe a pistol or two)) and none of the characters have any additional gear AT ALL.
It's definitely not being collected by my team.
I'm 98% sure it wasn't fire.
I will find and attack another facility and pay close attention to the final death.

OH!!! Overwatch?
The final death was caused by Overwatch. I'm pretty sure. Maybe. Could have been.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 11:59:14 AM »
You're very likely right on OW. It might also happen from bleeding and not sure about AOO, but it is set to deposit everything at home now. Just to be sure, will try out these possibilities.

Nomad

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 09:24:56 AM »
Oh boy... I'm completely confused now.
I played a normal Mafia map.
I killed a guy who had a rifle in the first round. He never got to use it.
Then, I killed everyone else on the map with Overwatch.

I took careful note of how many of the enemies had rifles (Danger Level 3 Mafia map with High wealth and around 65% crime).
I knew I killed one at the start and then watched the Overwatch kills.
Saw another 2 rifles come in and die.

After the mission.... no collected loot on any of the characters at all.
No rifles collected in the base loot. I got success in all the after mission loot caches.
I suspect that Overwatch may be the culprit, but I definitely shot a guy at the start and didn't get his loot. Oh... of course I didn't. The last kill was with Overwatch, so the manually killed enemy just put his loot in with the rest of it.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 10:29:43 AM »
Pretty sure killing last enemy in overwatch is the problem.