Author Topic: Wandering lieutenants  (Read 3201 times)

ushas

Wandering lieutenants
« on: November 24, 2017, 02:54:01 AM »
(v21, linux)
Problem or not: Seems lieutenant can be found on any tile, not only on their gang territories. The first one was a survivalist and I battled him on a Mafia district, the second one was Mafia lieutenant staying on a district with no reported gang activity.

It doesn't seem to pose any problems regarding the campaign, however, it's a strange to win a battle against a like.

Nomad

Re: Wandering lieutenants
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 07:53:40 AM »
Yes. I've fought a fair few lieutenants and I don't think I've ever found one on their own turf. It appears completely random.

I don't have a problem with that. I guess it does make sense to expect them to be within turf that they control.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 11:51:55 AM »
Yeah, they can reside in any tile, not just necessarily their own gang's.

ushas

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 10:40:55 AM »
In that case, perhaps a portrait of the lieutenant in the post battle debriefing. Maybe on a tile it can say something like "unreported gang activity" instead of "no gang activity" or so, but depends what you plan with those.

On bosses:
Judging by the fixes, the game exception upon launching a boss battle is most probably already resolved.
Just one point: seems gang bosses and main bases can reside on any tile too. The game reports the mafia boss as a lieutenant on the citiscape, so might be related.

On intel:
Higher chance to get the same lvl intel from other gangs means no reason to ask them about their own. So you ask churchers and survivalists about internal goings of Mafia, the mafia boss uncovered through interrogating survivalist lieutenats. It pose the question, if they know so much, why won't do something about their competition themselves.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 08:40:02 PM by ushas »