Author Topic: [Resolved] Keybindings?  (Read 4407 times)

Nomad

[Resolved] Keybindings?
« on: December 08, 2017, 05:17:07 PM »
I installed the new version.
Uninstalled the old version.
Started a new game.
Checked the key bindings and they were a bit odd.
Most of the bindings had two keys. Eg: Camera Forward E + D
I started the game and played the Doc mission.
I got into the second mission and realised I hadn't tested the key bindings out when I hit space and it didn't end turn (I usually set space to be end turn).
I then hit E and D (though I didn't think to hit them together) and nothing happened.
I checked the Key Bindings... and saw this screen. They've all changed.

Also... note that Toggle Grid (it was H + G) is now using the cpntrol key. I'm assuming that's a typo.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 02:28:14 PM by Daithi »

Nomad

Re: Keybindings?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 05:23:06 PM »
Ahh... I went into the Game Options and then back into Key Bindings and the keys reverted back to what I saw them as before.

Note: I tried pressing D and E together and the camera still didn't move.
Oh... the keys have just duplicated down. How odd.
Edit: Correction... the keys have duplicated UPWARDS.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 07:11:41 PM »
Thanks for reporting. I think the saved keys and the new ones are getting messed up in the second column, possibly because a new key was defined Do you recall when you took the first screenshot?

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 07:27:55 PM »
Need to add an option to reset to default, that would fix all this binding errors with a click.

Nomad

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 03:15:57 AM »
Thanks for reporting. I think the saved keys and the new ones are getting messed up in the second column, possibly because a new key was defined Do you recall when you took the first screenshot?
The screenshot with all the W entries? Above the pic is all the information I have.
I was checking the bindings in the second mission. I hadn't changed any bindings prior to this.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 02:28:03 PM »
The keys not being bound when you enter menu happened because the keybinding panel was active, and appeared, before the keys are set. This is fixed, but if I accidental leave the wrong panel active, it will happen again.

The problem of multiple keys being bound to a single action was caused by a new key being added in V22, all keys after this had the original key and a new key assigned. Have added a button to reset the keys, as a solution for quickly fixing this if new keys are added in the future.