Author Topic: [Resolved] Hangs in boss battles  (Read 5145 times)

SevenAteNein

[Resolved] Hangs in boss battles
« on: January 02, 2018, 04:24:53 AM »
I ran down my first gang boss, and I keep hanging on the AI turns.  The game's not frozen, it's just like the AI is stuck thinking.

It happens consistently, and seems to be preceded most often with a double tap from an assault rifle or a grenade attack.

In these same battles sometime I'll take out an enemy, but they won't fall down.  They don't attack any more, but appear to just stand there.

I'd be happy to provide any other info that might help.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 12:47:35 PM by Daithi »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Hangs in boss battles
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 01:07:25 PM »
Hi SevenAteNein,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for reporting the bug. Does the freezing happen in every boss battle, and is it on the boss's turn? There seems to be an issue around paths being blocked by fire, might be worth keeping an eye out for this as a common factor. I'll play a few boss battles and see if can recreate the issues.

You're likely correct on the cause, it sounds like the AI either couldn't find an order, or has chosen an order it cannot complete.

I'm looking into the issue with enemies not being incapacitated at the minute, have a save for it, so hopefully will be able to recreate the issue quickly.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 04:01:46 PM »
Also, is there a particular boss/bosses that this happens on?

SevenAteNein

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 05:06:29 PM »
  Hi Daithi, thanks!

I didn't begin noticing it until I ranked up enough to start using the double taps, but then I hadn't tried the boss battle more than a couple time prior to that.  Since that point, it's every time.

I wouldn't swear it always happens on the boss' turn, but it definitely does sometimes.  The dead guy doesn't fall thing I've only seen with non-bosses, though it's been a sign the other hang was coming up soon.

It's the first Survivalist boss.  Reiner, I think?  I'll double check when I get home.

Hope that helps!

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 03:03:55 PM »
Yeah, Ken Reiner. Will pick a couple of fights with him to see if can get it to happen. Would be a nice one to fix.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 02:37:37 PM »
Have been doing some AI optimization, so this is possibly an issue that has been introduced in this version, but have found is that a character with a weapon with a high lowest AP requirement (like sniper rifles) can cause the game to hang if they become wounded, and lack the AP to make an attack. This would be more likely to happen with a boss's retinue, as they get a bonus to equipment level. No guarantee it's the problem you are experiencing, so will keep digging.

If it happens again, maybe see if you can get a screenshot of the character it's stuck on, might provide a few clues as to what the problem is.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 03:52:44 PM »
Do you think this could be related: http://timeslipsoftworks.com/forum/index.php/topic,499.0.html - Can I ask what date you are at - this seems to be a time related issue.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 12:47:25 PM »
In all probability related to above. Can re-open should additional issues emerge.