Author Topic: [Resolved] Negative hit points  (Read 4194 times)

ushas

[Resolved] Negative hit points
« on: January 26, 2018, 03:00:23 AM »
(v23, linux, HB)

See hp of Elena:

HowTo reach negative HP: Just continue (deliberately) loosing a battle after battle without healing in between... When you're harmed, in-battle maxHP is lowered each time and unless healed at home, you will start the next combat with this number. After a point, think I launched with 2/2HP and on the next hit it made maxHP negative. The character is incapacitated as expected, except when returns home his HP is negative. Then the real fun begins...  ;D

Wanted to launch a lieutenant battle afterwards and it fully crashed the game. After this loaded the autosave with negatives and can launch the battle all right.

Some observations from battling with negative allies:
-- The battle starts with negative allies visually standing. I can do re-position.
-- It skips turns of negative allies (except for the first Sam's).
-- Enemies go after those with positive hp. Nobody likes to hang out with negative people after all.
-- Once all positive allies are down, the next round the game declares defeat and debriefing says 4 incapacitated.
-- Similarly, if I start the battle with all negatives, it let's the game play the whole first round and on the next one declares defeat.

Untested any other implications. All in all the issue can be easily repaired by resting.

Perhaps nobody ever will do such thing as this. Not sure I would count on it though. Perhaps something like adding a simple condition safeguarding we always come home with >=1HP would work?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 06:55:20 PM by Daithi »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Negative hit points
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 10:56:37 AM »
Perhaps nobody ever will do such thing as this.

That's your speciality :) Yeah, keeping them at 1HP makes sense.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Negative hit points
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 06:55:07 PM »
Fixed!

ushas

Re: [Resolved] Negative hit points
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 09:15:09 PM »
Oh, that was fast. Well, I play to break. Customers ought to behave, no?

When it comes to the AI behaviour, that was interesting. I've never seen Taunt even remotely so strong. Can imagine a trick like this to be handy in combat scenarios.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: [Resolved] Negative hit points
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 10:28:58 AM »
I'm postponing working on the more difficult bugs by targeting the easy ones :) I can increase the effectiveness of taunt by increasing the amount it multiplies the score for the order