Author Topic: Grenade damage oddly specific  (Read 3924 times)

Nomad

Grenade damage oddly specific
« on: January 20, 2018, 01:59:02 AM »
On Fire: Will suffer 4.068792 damage for the next 2 turns.

Also... I'm glad you've reduced grenades.
So far on this map, I've been hit with 3 grenades from 2 enemies.
I've spread my people out so only one can get hit at a time... but it's just still too much free damage (no line of sight).
Two enemies had Fear, so my entire team was affected.
They're punching and slashing for around the same damage that my assault rifles do.
They took out my leader and that was the end of it (even though my team were all at full health) because then they couldn't do much more than snap with the rifles and Ray could only punch twice (but was facing two others who could punch twice for the same or more damage).
Total party wipe. =(

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Grenade damage oddly specific
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 11:08:49 AM »
Thanks, will round this for V24 - Guessing this is the floating text that appears at beginning of turn?

Yeah, your suggestion made sense. Got bombarded a few times in last playthrough and it felt very unbalanced. Did the fanatics have 2 grenades (thought I'd lowered them to 1)? The churchers are probably still the weakest faction, so having slightly more explosives than the others may not be a bad thing. I get that punching to the same damage as an assault rifle is unrealistic, but would guess part of it is down to high difficulty and danger level?

Nomad

Re: Grenade damage oddly specific
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 01:40:08 AM »
The note that's on the screen that states the fire damage is from me putting my cursor over the Flame icon (on the right near the bottom) on the character.

At least one of the cult dudes had two. I might have killed the other one before he threw a second.
This was max danger and max wealth.
I've forgotten what difficulty I'm playing on. I am guessing it is one up from the easiest, but I'm not sure.