Author Topic: Swapping out an upgraded rifle issue  (Read 8308 times)

Nomad

Swapping out an upgraded rifle issue
« on: February 12, 2018, 01:02:03 PM »
I had some Raskol 94s with all the level 1 upgrades on it on two characters.
Then I bought some Raskol 148s. I swapped them in. Then I went to upgrade them and found that it was showing that all the level 1 upgrades are done.
HOWEVER they are the base Raskols. I have a Raskol on another member which has all the level 1 upgrades and it holds more ammo and does more damage.
I CANNOT upgrade the Raskols on those two characters as the game thinks it's already done.

Nomad

Re: Swapping out an upgraded rifle issue
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 01:13:02 PM »
I just went up against Danger level 3 Survivalists... and got three Raskol 148s.
All of them have base damage, capacity, etc. I tried upgrading them in my base inventory (figuring that the problem was that I swapped the weapons out) and each is showing them having all level 1 upgrades without the benefits.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 01:25:54 PM »
Thanks for reporting this. Was figuring the chances of getting the crafting system to work completely bug free wasn't all that good, but I was hoping :)

Nomad

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 02:18:32 PM »
Same deal with the Nobuki Samurai.
Sam has one and all level 1 upgrades are done.
Just took out a Survivalist Lieutenant and found another few. I haven't moved them. They're in the base inventory. They are all thinking they have the level 1 upgrades (without the benefits). So, swapping out an upgraded weapon isn't the problem.

Nomad

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 06:02:49 AM »
The second round of rifle upgrades appear to be behaving themselves (I even tried to break it by switching weapons in and out).
This *may* be because I already owned all the rifles. I'll have to check a newly looted one and see.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 11:25:39 AM »
It looks like the upgrade data may not be initialised properly, depending on the source of the item.  It shouldn't be hard to fix, once can recreate. I have to do some non-Vigilantes work at the minute, but will do a round of bugs fixes as soon as can get back to regular development in the next few days. Any chance you could send me a save where this has happened to some items? I'll be able to examine the data in the object, get a few clues on what's wrong.

Have you experienced any crashes from upgrades?

Nomad

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 04:30:41 AM »
No crashes...
But I've played on and overwritten the save. I'm using different guns now.
I'll have a look and see whether new Raskols have the same problem. If so, I'll send a save.

ushas

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 02:08:19 AM »
Guys, fancy some more data?
Unsure of all the possible conditions, but seems to me that it can be recreated for any weapon and it will happen for all items of the same type acquired to the base directory during the same session (so no save + reload in between). Tested via buying from Cuda.

For example: bought one Abrams and upgraded its damage stat by one point. Then using the shop cheat refreshed Cuda's offering and bought another Abrams. Now the new one has this damage stat upgrade too while its tooltip still shows the old pre-upgrade damage number. Next Abrams has it too, etc. And if I would then upgrade clip size in one of them it will also tic this upgrade in all the others...

However, doesn't seem to influence Abrams that were already in the directory at the start of the play, in other words the game 'links' only items acquired within the current session. Moreover, if you save the game with bugged weapons, after loading it all their tooltips are now updated to contain the upgrade (even higher clip sizes), but haven't tested whether holds in a battle. Nomad, was thinking, is it possible that those first three posts happened to you within one play session?

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 08:04:04 AM »
Thanks for extra info. Working on adding a new feature atm, but once I get through that, will tackle this. Wonder if it is a problem with what the UI is displaying or an issue with the item's data... #tuneinnextweek

ushas

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 12:12:47 AM »
Good luck (no pressure but secretly hoping for import-your-own-Arnold-image-to-appear-on-gym's-wall feature:)). Good thing about bugs is that they won't run anywhere.

Initially thought the UI, but it also seems it gets 'backed' into them upon saving... By Nomad's report they keep old stats. Just for comparison will try check this also specifically after reload. So far was able to fill up the upped clip size, for example.

Edit - so here it goes: Upgraded stats of a shotgun + one another is linked.
1. Went to a battle right away and the linked shotgun indeed seems keeping old stats in tooltip as well as in game.
2. Reloaded the pre-battle autosave and tried again. Now the linked shotgun has upgraded stats in the tooltip as well as in game. Haven't checked all stats, but it definitely gives bigger angle and allows more shells.

Another thing is, we can also upgrade fists, and fists in one slot are linked to the ones in all the other slots. So thought what if the code responsible for mirroring fists plays a role here too? But that's probably a silly idea as this one links the same item. Btw. not trying to imply the code is wrong or anything, just musing aloud. Obviously the inventory operations are pretty complex. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:44:35 AM by ushas »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 02:39:31 PM »
It's hard to say what cause might be just yet. Once I can make it happen, can look at the data and this should help figure out where the problem is. Am struggling to recreate this, based on your example, Ushas. Any idea what I might be missing?

1. Purchase Abrams pistol from shop
2. From the home inventory, click upgrade button on the item
3. Apply one damage upgrade
4. Refresh shop, buy another abrams
5. For me, it's just the regular one

Edit: Extra detail
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 02:41:13 PM by Daithi »

ushas

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 02:51:57 PM »
My memory is really haze here, but I thing the difference is that you upgraded before obtained the second one?
Then think they won't be 'linked'.

Try this:
1. Buy one
2. Resfresh shop
3. Buy the second one
4. Now upgrade one of them

Does it help?

ushas

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2018, 03:00:08 PM »
But what Nomad and me wrote here, it indeed seems the ones obtained afterwards were linked too, doesn't it... Hmm, perhaps you need one more old Abrams to have in inventory? Will try to check once more.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2018, 03:10:00 PM »
Couldn't recreate this way, but will keep trying. Yeah, that appears to be the case. A couple of possibilities on problem:

1. The stored data on upgrades for each weapon type is being modified in error (this is copied for each weapon, and would be refreshed on reload)
2. The item or upgrade data being cached for an upgrade is not being refreshed under some circumstances
3. The UI isn't updating

ushas

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2018, 03:43:06 PM »
Wouldn't bet solely at 3 cause it gets backed into them upon save. Maybe a combination?

Just tried to recreate what I've told you with buying two batons as had none in inventory at the time. Have put it to Elena's pockets, upgraded one and indeed it doesn't cause the bug...

Then I bought two SMGs (Cuda was selling two at once). I had already one a bit damaged in the base inventory (either looted or it was Elena's). All put to Sam's pockets and the old one upgrades without interfering, but those two newly obtained are now linked together!

For the record, I don't think it matters to which inventory I put those items before upgrade, only giving out all the details I can.