Author Topic: [Resolved] Bug in Kurt Renko fight  (Read 7073 times)

notaffiliatedwithany1

[Resolved] Bug in Kurt Renko fight
« on: October 07, 2018, 12:28:17 AM »
I'm facing off against Kurt Renko using Elena Furey and the map has a few dead pathfinding squares that prevent two of my characters from ever moving from the start of the match in addition to a lot of squares around where your characters spawn that aren't passable despite there being nothing there. This is especially weird since I spawn in a 2x2 square with only half being able to move at all. The map is located in sector A0, an Outskirts square. Any leads on fixing/bug situation?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 01:06:47 PM by Daithi »

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Bug in Kurt Renko fight
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 06:32:58 PM »
Hi NotAffiliatedWithany1,

Thanks for letting me know. I will look at the map to see what the problem is. Most probably, some 3d objects are incorrectly mapped onto the grid. Do you happen to have a screenshot of the problem area?

morantbay

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 05:44:35 PM »
Just ran into the same issue. It's a couple of the starting squares under the overhang, where the characters start. So if you don't re position successfully, half your team is stuck. I have tried to add a screen shot, but I am out of patience trying to get under the ridiculous 192k max attachment size combined with the captcha fun. Hopefully the description will do.

morantbay

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 05:50:18 PM »
Update: managed to save-n-restore my way past. If you can get a successful re-position off, all your characters can get out the dead zone. It seems to be most, if not all, the squares under the over-hang that are affected.

PS: the captcha on this forum is literally the worst ever. Two thumbs down.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 10:59:50 PM »
Hey morantbay. Cheers, I'll start working on bug fixes tomorrow. This one should be easy enough to fix.

morantbay

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 10:59:23 PM »
Great stuff, really appreciate the responsiveness.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 12:17:44 PM »
I've recreated it. Only seems to happen when you wait for mafia. It's an odd one, but i'll get it fixed. Sorry the forum's a pain - I've had really bad problems with spam in the past, and have had to spend 1/2 day cleaning it up on a few occasions. Think the captcha will stop after 10 posts. Feel free to post random stuff to hit 10, and let me know if you're in the clear then.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 01:06:33 PM »
Fixed. Will likely update the build within the week, or as soon as more of the problems have been address.

morantbay

Re: [Resolved] Bug in Kurt Renko fight
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 02:39:31 AM »
Who could resist waiting for the mafia :-)

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: [Resolved] Bug in Kurt Renko fight
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 11:46:17 AM »
And for the cash they are carrying :)