Author Topic: How to access inventory and character sheet of enemies  (Read 4474 times)

ushas

How to access inventory and character sheet of enemies
« on: August 23, 2017, 01:13:08 AM »
(v19, linux)

Normally inventory / char. screen shortcuts aren't functional during an enemy turn. But there is a small window of opportunity: when they are pulling or changing weapons at hand.

For example, I was testing it on mafia, seeing a guy pulling out a gun. I'm not sure whether it's changing weapons in active hand, or really some inventory operation (equipping the gun from the backpack). Anyway, once this is happening I can press inventory / char. screen shortcut and see what he's got...

See attached images.

ushas

Re: How to access inventory and character sheet of enemies
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 01:58:26 AM »
How to get the worst freeze possible (not guaranteed):
-- What shall one do once in enemy's inventory?... Drop all items!
-- So did, dropped everything, including gun at hand. (see attached image for illustration)
-- But remember, even when in the inventory of one of the enemies the battle is still ongoing
   (see the thread about combat shortcuts still working there)
-- So I don't know what exactly happened, whose items were dropped in the end...
-- But the bag was under the feet of the first ally who got the turn afterwards.
-- Once the battle proceeds the game totally freezes during a turn of one of the enemies.
-- Nothing works anymore, had to kill the process externally.

Now having the log THIS BIG:   3.2G   (no errors though)

I'm really not sure, but I think managed also to drop ammo or so. In the log, many many many lines like this:
Code: [Select]
CharAIScript.GetAPDistributionOptions. Adding reload order at pos: 7191800 AP cost: 0 leftover AP: 6current clip: 0
CharAIScript.GetAPDistributionOptions. number of shots in this fire mode: 1 current clip: 0
CharAIScript.GetAPDistributionOptions. Adding reload order at pos: 7191801 AP cost: 0 leftover AP: 6current clip: 0
CharAIScript.GetAPDistributionOptions. number of shots in this fire mode: 1 current clip: 0
CharAIScript.GetAPDistributionOptions. Adding reload order at pos: 7191802 AP cost: 0 leftover AP: 6current clip: 0
CharAIScript.GetAPDistributionOptions. Adding reload order at pos: 7191803 AP cost: 0 leftover AP: 6current clip: 0
CharAIScript.GetAPDistributionOptions. Adding reload order at pos: 7191804 AP cost: 0 leftover AP: 6current clip: 0
Perpetuum mobile for reload orders?  :o

The problem is, even when tried several times I wasn't lucky to recreate such freeze afterwards. it's only strong suspicion that this relates to tinkering with items of enemies.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 10:15:38 AM »
If I didn't laugh I'd probably cry... : )

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 10:41:31 AM »
Fixed! Mind control of enemies is no longer possible!

ushas

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 03:00:22 PM »
No problem. Will find another way...
Was so fun, poor things didn't know what hit them:)

As for the loop producing reload orders, perhaps some safety break? Or else I'll send you the log.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 03:26:32 PM »
Yeah send it on if you have it - I think they were trying to reload their fists, so not surprised there was a problem.