Author Topic: Simplifying inventory management  (Read 4394 times)

Chabbrik

Simplifying inventory management
« on: November 24, 2016, 02:24:54 PM »
Hi guys,

I loved the playable alpha and wanted to make some suggestions on UX flow. This time I want to cover the inventory management.

Firstly, maybe inventory icon could be changed to something more obvious, I kept confusing shop and inventory the whole time. Also, it would be good to get rid of BUY/SELL button and integrate it on single screen. Alternatively use one as default (BUY would be a good option) and let switch to SELL from BUY screen (if my memory serves me right, Wastelands 2 have this mechanic. I could try to make screenshots if you do not have access to the game.)

Crafting
I find it a bit tedious to go to store to buy materials and then go back to crafting. If items are in store, I would like to have a + button and price next to the material in crafting that allows me to buy it there without going to store. I presume that crafting is supposed to be an important part of the game, so any inconvenience is going to really frustrate over a long time.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: Simplifying inventory management
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 03:39:33 PM »
Hi Chabbrik,

Glad you enjoyed the alpha. Thanks for the suggestions - the idea of defaulting to buy and allowing a switch to sell would be a more likely choice, as it would be less labour intensive and it would improve flow. I have WL2 installed - will have a look at how they handled it.

Your suggestion on crafting is something that we are considering, along with a couple of other "quality of life" improvements. I share your view that some aspects of UI interaction requires more effort/clicking than is strictly required, and it's something we'll work on. I'd expect to make some of these changes over the next few updates. Cheers!