Author Topic: [Resolved] Level 3 Cult map failed to start  (Read 4244 times)

Nomad

[Resolved] Level 3 Cult map failed to start
« on: August 20, 2017, 07:20:22 AM »
I thought the M key was supposed to bring up the map name. If it is, it's not working for me anymore. If it's another key... then I've forgotten which key (it's not in the binding and I've not set a key to use M).

Anyway... the below map failed to start.
I moved the camera slightly to show the car and the building to the left so it might be more easily identifiable. This was a Danger 3 cult map (if that matters).

« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 02:23:02 PM by Daithi »

ushas

Re: Level 3 Cult map failed to start
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 07:28:05 PM »
Good catch! The map is #19: Alleys2
Was able to recreated with Survivalists, danger 1, conf:0. But I used console to call the map.

It fails right at the beginning. The log:
Code: [Select]
BattleControlScript.SetGlobalBonuses. Damage multiplier: 1 max enemies to spawn: 1
BCS.SpawnPlayerTeam. Method called. Number of allied units for this level: 4
BattleControlScript.GetCharacterStartPositon. is player character: True No player team start positions: 0 enemy start tiles: 0
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Vector3].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at BattleControlScript.GetCharacterStartPosition (Boolean isPlayerCharacterIn, Int32 speakerPositionIn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at BattleControlScript.SpawnPlayerTeam () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at BattleControlScript.SpawnLevelCharacters () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at BattleControlScript.BeginLevelSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ScriptReferenceScript.BeginLevelSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ScriptReferenceScript.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I thought the M key was supposed to bring up the map name. If it is, it's not working for me anymore. If it's another key...
Aha! You're right. By rigorously mashing each key, determined that it's indeed another one, and of course the last tried: 'z'

Nomad

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 02:17:04 AM »
Awesome. Good hunting.

Z for map name? Must have something to do with the new key bindings.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 10:00:23 AM »
Nice catch - yeah, sorry I meant to say that I rebound map name to z. Guessing this has something to do with using this map for the Cuda encounter - from the log file, it looks like I may have disabled the start locations for other configurations.

Daithi

• Global Moderator
Re: [Fix Req] Level 3 Cult map failed to start
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 02:22:49 PM »
Fixed, as suspected, disabled start positions to make placing newer ones easier.