Vigilantes Press Kit
Welcome to the press page for Vigilantes. Here you should find any info you might need to post articles or get more informed about Vigilantes. Should you require any further information, or would like anything provided in a different format, please send an email to daithi (at) timeslipsoftworks.com.
- Developer: Timeslip Softworks; based in Letterkenny, Ireland
- Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux
- Development Start: November 2014
- Alpha Release: 30 March 2016
- Steam EA Release: 05 October 2017
- Expected Final Release: Q2 2018
- Development Progress: ~80%
- Useful Links: Steam, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube
- Early Access Price: $11.99 / €11.99 / £9.29
- Final Release Price: $14.99 / €14.99 / £11.39
- Contact address: daithi (at) timeslipsoftworks.com
Vigilantes: New Trailer and Steam Early Access Date Announced
Letterkenny, September 25, 2017 – Justice is coming to Reiker City, as Timeslip Softworks releases an updated trailer and announces the Steam early access release of Vigilantes, the neo noir turn based tactics game for PC. Vigilantes will launch for Windows, Linux and Mac on 5 October 2017.
Vigilantes’ gritty, neo noir setting of the crime riddled city of Reiker offers a fresh departure from tired, turn based battles against orcs, aliens and zombies. Become Sam Contino, an idealist dragged down the rabbit hole of vigilantism, and square up against three deadly criminal organisations in tense, deep, full featured, turn based combat.
Beating up low level hoods in street fights won’t get you anywhere. Run surveillance operations and interrogate defeated enemies to locate each gang’s facilities and chain of command, but beware, the gangs will react to your actions by recruiting troops, building facilities and purchasing better equipment and training for their members.
Along the way you will discover allies, and develop your team to suit your playstyle with the deep, UPLIFT character system, and use resources ‘liberated’ from the gangs to develop your own base of operations.
Press keys are available from daithi at timeslipsoftworks.com
Download a complete set of screenshots as a zip, or click into individual screenshots, and save them.
Key Art & Illustrations
Download a complete set of illustrations as a .zip, or click into individual illustrations and save them.
Logo & Icons
Download a complete set of logos as a .zip, or click into individual images and save them.
Inspired by the classic turn based strategies of the 90s, Vigilantes is a deep and compelling neo noir, turn based tactical RPG with an old school heart. Assume the role of Sam Contino, an idealist dragged down the rabbit hole of vigilantism, and drawn into conflict with three deadly criminal organisations after intervening in a violent mugging.
- Lead a vigilante team in tense, full featured, turn based battles against 3 distinct gangs.
- A gritty, neo noir backdrop offers a fresh setting and a new direction for turn based tactical games.
- A strategic AI that reacts to your actions, and is responsible for recruitment, building facilities, and improving gang equipment and training.
- Run surveillance and interrogate enemies to locate each gang’s leadership and facilities.
- Develop your team with the deep UPLIFT system, choosing stats, skills, and many perks.
- Build a base of operations, comprised of 5 upgradeable structures.
- Take down foes with choreographed, bone shattering melee, firearms, and explosives.
- Craft special items, such as hotloaded ammo, armour, weapons and medical items.
- Experience a compelling story, supported by quality artwork and voice acting.
Tense, Deep, Tactical Turn Based Combat
Test your tactical ability against an overwhelming enemy in battle. Take down foes with choreographed hand to hand, melee weapons from ball peen hammer to deadly katana. Or, if you’re a gunslinger, stick to cover and trade lead with pistols, burst fire SMGs, shotguns, assault and precision rifles. If things get hectic you can always break out the explosives.
- Overwatch, attacks of opportunity, and the ability to delay your turn.
- Multiple attack modes for weapons, including burst fire, aimed shots, heavy attacks.
- Powerful activated abilities, unlocked through perks.
- The ability to target body parts, to inflict additional damage and status effects.
- Characters become less proficient in combat as they sustain injuries.
- Fleeing enemies, who will come back to fight you, stronger than ever.
- Full and half cover system.
Know Thine Enemy
Low level criminal activity can be located with limited surveillance, but taking down hoods isn’t going to get you anywhere. To put a gang out of commission, you must locate and dismantle well-hidden facilities and the gang’s leadership. In order to do this, you’ll have to interrogate gang members of sufficient rank.
Deep Character Development
Vigilantes allows you to customise your team to your play-style. The UPLIFT character system is comprised of 6 core stats, nine crime-fighting skills, and a wide variety of game changing perks. With the UPLIFT system, character level is increased by using skills, rather than by gaining XP.
Build A Base Of Operations
Use resources “liberated” from gangs to build up a base of operations to support your campaign against crime in Reiker. Build and upgrade five facilities: Workshop, Gym, Firing Range, Surgery and Library, to provide your team with buffs, enhanced crafting options, and free resources.
Face An Overwhelming Enemy
Out-numbered and out-gunned, you must adapt to face over 15 enemy types across three gangs: the swarming, cult-like Church of the Final Exodus, the Survivalists, an elite paramilitary group who more closely resemble an army than a gang, and the Mafia, an insidious enemy, which excels at keeping its activities hidden. Trade punches with heavyweight Mafia Enforcers, outmanoeuvre stalking Survivalist Sharpshooters, and take down crazed, explosive wielding, Church of the Final Exodus Fanatics.
You don’t have to take on the criminal underworld alone. Find allies on the dark streets of Reiker, including hard-boiled private eye, Ray Case, Reiker City Police Lieutenant Emilia De Soto, and Elena Furey, who is hunting down Survivalists for reasons of her own. You can find a voiced introduction video for each of these allies in the videos section, at the top of the page.
Tools Of The Trade
Wield baseball bats, fire axes, close range, burst fire SMGs, precision rifles, shotguns, incendiary grenades, smoke grenades. Kit out your team with crafted armour, advanced medical devices, and create specialised hot-loaded ammunition which causes increased damage. Don’t forget to repair your equipment after combat, to prevent firearms jamming, melee weapons breaking, and to maintain the protective qualities of your armour.
About Timeslip Softworks
Timeslip Softworks is an independent game development studio which has been active since 2012. Based in Letterkenny, Ireland, the studio consists of one full time developer, working with talented artists, musicians and voice actors worldwide to create great games.
We’re a small studio, driven by a lifelong love of PC games, and we believe that experience, hard work, and dedication, rather than huge budgets, are the key to crafting compelling, deep, and memorable games. Vigilantes is the studio’s second game, the first being Deadstone, a sci fi themed top down shooter/tower defense hybrid, which released on Steam in November 2014, and currently has 80% positive ratings.
Meet hard boiled private eye, Ray Case.
Meet Emilia De Soto, Reiker City Police Lieutenant and ally.
Meet Elena Furey, who is hunting down survivalists for reasons of her own.
Daithi Mc Hugh – Design, Code, Writing
Olga Zuievych – Art
Music by – Vector Sector, Per Kiilstofte, Jens Kiilstofte
Anthony Ingruber – Voice of Sam Contino & Ray Case
Holly Lindin – Voice of Elena Furey
Elissa Park – Voice of Emilia De Soto